Muppet Show Season 4 coming in 2013

SeanC

Reaction score
Season 4 for Christmas this year, Season 5 ( and probably a seasons 1 - 5 boxset ) to tie in with the release of the new movie next year, then 'Muppets Tonight' to tie in with the DVD release of the movie in 2012. I'm guessing that'd be the most likely strategy. Sadly, this means we more than likely have a long wait...
That said, Disney might surprise us all and get 4, 5 & 'Muppets Tonight' out within a year.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
The Muppet Show season 4 would make a great Christmas gift! :wink:
Yes it would since hopefully I"ll be in my new home by then, and wont' be able to afford fun stuff like DVDs for awhile, I'll finally have something to tell my family what to get me for Christmas as they're always running out of ideas since I buy myself stuff as it comes out all the time :smile:

zns

Reaction score
Yes it would since hopefully I"ll be in my new home by then, and wont' be able to afford fun stuff like DVDs for awhile, I'll finally have something to tell my family what to get me for Christmas as they're always running out of ideas since I buy myself stuff as it comes out all the time :smile:
If it does come out for Christmas, it would definately be at the top of my list. I'm sure that the biggest issue has to do with the music and other copyrights that is keeping the delay up. Anyway, if someone knows who to contact about the issue, let us know what you hear I'm sure will get the last few season's at some point. We should have to do our best to be patient.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If their plan was to release it during the holiday season, they would have said that at D23. Why would you announce a DVD over a year in advance without even giving a rough date. And even if it were to come out by then, we'd hear something several months in advance. The fact that no one has yet to fess up about the hold up is making me a little nervous, and frankly, after 2 years and 6 months, I'm a LITTLE impatient for the next season.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Season 4 for Christmas this year, Season 5 ( and probably a seasons 1 - 5 boxset ) to tie in with the release of the new movie next year, then 'Muppets Tonight' to tie in with the DVD release of the movie in 2012. I'm guessing that'd be the most likely strategy. Sadly, this means we more than likely have a long wait...
Hey, that strategy would sure beat the wait we had between seasons 1 and 2, and the current wait between seasons 3 and 4.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think we should either close or delete this thread until they actually give someone some word. This is getting annoying. it's AUGUST! We should at least have a general idea of when it's going to come out by now. it's been almost 2 and a half years since the last one... under NO circumstance should it not even have an announced date by now. We had word of certain Fraggle releases almost a year in advance, date included. I just want to know why there's a hold up.

Are they waiting for shooting the movie to make a making of/preview for a bonus feature? That, or some idiotic music hold up is the only excuse I'm accepting. If they were going to say "Holiday 2010" they would have SAID Holiday 2010 at D23 almost an entire year ago when it was announced.