1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Muppet Show Season 4 coming in 2013

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Traveling Matt, Apr 7, 2009.

1. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Yesterday I thought about pulling an april fools joke, that i found a list of bonus features, but decided not to.

2. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

I feel that DVD's and blu-rays are doing good equally.

3. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

They won't change over to blu-ray overnight. Besides somebody said somewhere else that Muppet Show isn't really ideal for blu-ray because it was videotaped when it was filmed.

4. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

Good point.

5. LeanneFuller

LeanneFuller Active Member

6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

... uh...No. This was revealed almost a year ago at D23. So you would probably be the last one to spot it by that account. :)

7. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

What oh what is this uglyness, I ask ye?

8. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

They're still tweaking the art, I suppose.

9. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

The art must still be getting tweaks... at least since then, anyway. If you look closely you'll see that the side of the box has Miss Piggy on it and is identical to the side of the Season 2 box.

Can someone please rename/move this thread? It looks like someone discovered actual cover art and is highly misleading. :o

10. dmoss

dmoss Member

I sure hope that's not the final artwork! I'm sure glad that they used Gonzo, though. I feel like there's too much empty space on both sides of his head...I know it's got to be awkward to get his nose and all on the cover, but the angle isn't flattering at all.

I rather like Jamie's avatar as far as Gonzo shots go; they'd be much better off by using a picture like that one. :concern:

11. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I agree with D'moss! A softer version of Gonzo should be used if they want to match it in with the covers from the other dvds. This one, I also agree, looks rather fake.

12. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Thanks. That was a fake picture I chopped up of several Gonzo photos and then punched up the color. :concern:

13. dmoss

dmoss Member

Wow! Very nice; I never would have known that you did that, had you not said anything...knows your talent any bounds? ;)

14. Drtooth

So the best looking Gonzo doesn't really exist, right? That's why you're the Photoshop master of this site. I don't think anyone knew that but you. :concern:

15. zns

zns Well-Known Member

Can you contact Disney and find out what exactly will happen to the boxed set? Just wasn't sure. Thanks. :concern:

16. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I don't think any of the contacts I have with The Muppets Studio would be able to tell me. :smirk: If they could I would definitely ask!

17. James Denny

James Denny New Member

Never mind D23, it feels like it'll be D230 by the time this gets released :smirk:

18. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

I was really expecting this to come out this summer, though from what i've read here they probably would have announced it by now if it were

19. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

No kiddin'. D23 will be ancient history by the time TMS4 comes out. I can't wait that long. :smirk::(

20. Drtooth

Someone managed to track someone down last time, and basically mentioned all the bonus features they COULDN'T get the rights to. I can tell we're ALL getting impatient here. And is there at least anything about it mentioned on the Studio DC release (is it out yet? Not that I really want it)? I mean, really... yeah, I know it's the worst time in the history of history now (retailers and big companies are acting like such babies), but I don't see why Disney is dragging its feet on a release for this while other companies pollute the DVD market with that horrid new Jenna Elfman show (it didn't even end its first season yet, and they announced the release... and I don't even think anyone watched it) and weird crap on cable not even the cable networks know about yet.

I don't wanna wait until 2011 for the movie for season 4, especially when they could easily do the same with season 5, or a complete series rebundle of the disks. Especially since they aren't really giving us all that much Muppet stuff in the off time. You'd think they'd at least fill the gaps with Muppets Tonight or some special or something.