1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Show Season 4 coming in 2013

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Traveling Matt, Apr 7, 2009.

1. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

my fav skecth is probably the banana skecth (or vet hospital)

and my favorite act is always fozzies
  2. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

Yeah, They're always classics. :o

I always loved it whenever they did a classic sketch that was originally preformed back in the 1960's like Mahna Mahna, Java, Glow Worm, Monster & Machine, Beautiful Day and Hugga Wugga.
  3. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

yes thoose were awesome too
  4. Fluffets

Fluffets New Member

I have mixed opinions on which versions are better,

muppet show mahna mahna = superior (this goes with my avatar)

muppet show java = superior

muppet show hugga wugga = superior

ed sullivan inch worm = superior

Those are my thoughts
    muppet show beutiful day = superior

orginal/ed sulllivan monster and machine = superior
  5. MattGallo

MattGallo New Member

I have no idea what will actually happen, but I wish it was gonzo, followed by Rowlf on 5, only because Rowlf was Jim Henson's favorite to perform. But I doubt this will happen.:concern::sympathy:
  6. Nekoshema

Nekoshema Member

ok, first off, i do NOT want Animal on the cover, sure he's entertaining and many people like him, but he's not a main muppet, he's a member of electric mayhem, Floyd [uh spelling?] is seen more often than Animal [or walking Animal] i really hope Gonzo is on season four, honestly, even if he's not a favourite, who doesn't like him? and he's seen in most of the episodes from season one [heck, he blow's the horn/hits the gong at the beginning] and yes, Rowlf should get season five [i still like Scooter but thats just favouritizm] he was a big part of it, he was Jim's favourite, and come on, it's Rowlf :sympathy:;)
  7. zns

zns Active Member

So far we know that Gonzo will be on the cover for season four, but what I would like to know is what the bonus features will be this time. :concern:
  8. sdkid06

sdkid06 New Member

hi all, i new here and have been a muppet fan for a long time.has anyone heard if there is plans to release the muppet show seasons 4 and 5.
  9. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

It's pretty much been announced that season 4 will come out in 2010, but we don't know the exact date yet. Season 5 will probably come out if sales for season 4 are good enough.
  10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

It would be a pretty lousy thing to do to NOT release all 5 seasons of the Muppet Show and only have 4 of them. Disney has been giving us a LOT of incomplete series sets with their Disney Afternoon shows (Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, etc.) But it seems that TMS DVD's have been selling pretty good. When the first season came out (the one with all the cuts) you almost couldn't find a copy on the shelves... and Muppet OZ was practically glutting up the shelves, pushing each other off.
  11. shanique1950

shanique1950 New Member

don't know why they didn't choose to do one release a year.
    I mean... my mom is 77. I bought her season 1, 2 and 3 right away, and now she's quite discontent because season 4 hasn't been released yet...
    They should truly consider not making old people miserable and unhappy :)
  12. Drtooth

There's been a lot of problems considering the releases of these sets. There was a huge gap between 1 and 2's release due to the music rights and the fact that they switched to another company or group for handling the DVD releases. Season 4 could very well have the same problem, not to mention that they wanted to hold something over to relaunch the brand in a big way in 2010. Plus, I've seen a LOT of stinginess when it comes to big companies releasing DVD's recently... the market is flooded with current shows and the occasional "was there actually a demand for this title" type releases of obscure shows. Stuff that's either too obscure or still on the air is glutting up DVD spaces, and there's less and less room for cartoons and stuff that people actually ask for. I really hope that's not the reason TMS 4 hasn't been out this year. I'm just hoping, like season 3, season 5 will be released less than a year after season 4 to make up for the gap.
  13. shanique1950

shanique1950 New Member

all politics. Real Pity. I feel we've been waiting way tooo long for season 4 now... And if it will take another 2-3 years to release 5... goodness....
  14. ploobis

Ya know, With the New Year already here I can not wait for the day we start seeing updates about this upcoming DVD release! :) ;)
  15. BIGMuppetFan

BIGMuppetFan Member

I am looking forward to, TMS Season 4 and I am glad that Gonzo is on the Cover, I really want to know what the bonus feature are, I hope we get news soon on this set, It would be cool if on this Season 4 or 5 as a bonus feature to be the Give a Day, Get a Day commercials, They are fun and would be fun to have them all in one place. Lets hope season 4 will be a good set with good features and season 5 is out not to long after.
  16. ploobis

Here are some of my hopes for Season 4 Bonus Features.

- RARE MUPPET COMMERCIALS (From the 1960's)

- RARE MUPPET SHOW PROMOS

- NEW INTERVIEWS WITH PUPPETEERS, WRITERS, DESIGNERS AND PUPPET BUILDERS

- THE MUPPETS GO TO THE MOVIES

I believe they should save "Of Muppets & Men: The Making Of The Muppet Show" for the Season 5 DVD set. ;)
  17. Donna84

Donna84 New Member

Hi, everyone
    I have loved the muppets as long as they have been alive. I join this to get news on when The Muppets season would be out on DVDs. I have all 3 now but want the rest. Help, please
  18. Drtooth

Honestly, I'd love for one of the bonus features to be the stuff they had to cut out of the season 1 release.

I wonder why they're dragging their feet on a release date? Usually we find out about when these are due several months in advance. In cases, we find out about certain things half a year or more in advance.
  19. ploobis

I just remembered that there was originally going to be another new bonus feature on the Season 3 DVD called "A Frog Is Born". It was going to be about Kermit but it ended up not being included.

I wonder if "A Frog Is Born" will be on the Season 4 DVD? :)

Also, There are a lot of Great Muppet Moments in Season 4 of TMS that I can't wait to see be released! And here are my favorite Season 4 Moments of TMS

1. "Why Can't We Be Friends" - The Whatnots

2. "The Happy Wanderer" - The Pigs

3. "Sixty Seconds Got Together" - The Gills Brothers

4. "Doo-Wah-Diddy" - Geri & The Atrics

5. "You'll Never Walk Alone"

6. "Truge Truge"

7. "Six String Orchestra" By Scooter

8. "Sam's Song" with Sam Eagle, Floyd, Janice, Beauregard, Nigle and Rizzo

9. "I Go To Rio"

Just to name a few! ;)

I wonder what month we'll hear about the release of the Season 4 DVD? I can't wait!
  20. Nekoshema

Nekoshema Member

man, six-string orchestra is one of my favourites, might be my favourite scooter song ;) [possibly on my top ten song too]