1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Muppet Treasure Island: Buried Treasure

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Ruahnna, Feb 27, 2007.

1. PhsychoChimp

PhsychoChimp New Member

"The Swedish Chef shows up with a removable pig's snout. The rats comment as to how else were they to get him into the movie? Classic Muppetism.
    "
    Count, that was a tomatoe, which the Chef promptly smacked with a random item, and it was played by none other than Jerry Nelson.

2. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for pointing that out. *Goes to check on other threads.

3. peyjenk

peyjenk New Member

Reading this thread makes me want to watch the movie again!

4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Muppet Treasure Island

I don't think we've had a discussion thread about MTI.

I for one love it. The build up to the jokes are fun and the punchlines are funny. And, I love the music.

The effects are awesome, too; especially when Kermit is bouncing around after Long John Silver (did anybody notice that Yoda's counter-attack on Count Dooku was similar?).

Tim Curry has a masterful performance in this film, acting dramatically with a great sence of comedic timing. Some performers have seemed weird with the Muppets, but those who treat them like cast members and perform seriously always make for the best guest stars on the shows or in the movies.

I did notice something tonight, though, that after Billy Bones puts the mug over Rizzo, a left hand with a wedding ring comes into the very bottom of the shot. At least, this is on the most recent DVD release from Diz. Anybody else notice this?

It's chock full of favorite scenes, but when Blind Pew grabs Jim Hawkins and feels up his face, "Ah! A pretty leetle girl!" HA HA! That cracks me up.

5. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Yea MTI is so good it has everything love comady and even a little love with Kermit and Piggy. When they sing "Love led us here" i almost tear up. One thing i think is good in this is Sam he really does so good in the whole movie, they fianaly gave him a preety big role. It also showed a little bit of Brian's dark comady i think dealing with death and such. Piggy was just beautiful in this movie as well. I really think all the muppets where themselfs in this movie even though they where playing diffrent people.

6. BeakerSqueedom

BeakerSqueedom Active Member

"Sir, I am not a little girl..I-I-I'm a boy..."

XD I crack up at that line as well, however I laugh even more at Fozzie when he says "Big blue wet thing!" while Sam gives a hilarious expression!

*Cracking up*

MTI

was good too because of the subtle romance...awww..

7. SarahOnBway

SarahOnBway Member

I've ALWAYS loved MTI and could never understand people who didn't. I just think it's SO funny and heartwarming and that Tim Curry and Kevin Bishop did just such a wonderful job the entire time. When I saw the movie last weekend on the big screen--the first time since it's initial theatrical release for me--I was wowed by it once more. It's a movie I have probably seen 200 times but I experienced it in a whole new way last weekend. Everything was funnier and I found myself laughing out loud to jokes/gags I have been reciting for years as if it was the first time I'd heard them!

8. I the loved the roll call seen and who could forget Big Fat Ugly Bug-Faced Baby-Eating O'Brian?

9. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

I love this movie. While The Muppet Movie is my favorite, I have the most fun watching this and The Great Muppet Caper.

Blind Pew? Best Muppet villain ever.

10. Pork

Pork Active Member

Excellent Movie, Love TIm Curry in it. and Having Billy Connely as Billy Bones was hilarious.

11. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

12. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Well-Known Member

I kept on laughing at Zoot trying to figure out if the Electric Mayhem was with the pirates or Kermit. Clearly Floyd knows never to play favorites, as the side he and the rest of the band might have backed up could have lost.

Too bad the band didn't have more to do except play music.

13. Pork

Pork Active Member

Spa'am

14. SgtGonzoPepper

SgtGonzoPepper New Member

I find it funny how in this movie and Wizard of oz they all just show up and have some quick liners and play some songs. I love them all and i think its a funny idea to have them just following other people around and start playing. (even though it wouldve been better to see them in action with swords and stuff)

15. BeakerSqueedom

BeakerSqueedom Active Member

:O Omgsh, they'd use their handy instruments!

SMASH BANG! MUSIC! BASH! XD

16. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Ok...so I am imagineing Janice with a sword...*pauses in thought* *still paused* *ends pause* Ok, nice.

Now the person who I'd have loved to see doing a little sword play in MTI? Zoot. It could so be one of his hidden talents.

17. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

HAHAHA! Zoot would fall asleep mid-fight, you ninny! :p

18. Beauregard

At which point Big Fat Ugly Bug Faced Baby Eating O'Brian *breath* would trip over his sleeping carcass and, volla, another victory for the foam-things! (Of course the fact the clueless pirates were also made of foam...)

Speaking of clueless pirates...Polly and Clueless were the best vilianistic duo since Diago and Abu in Aladdin.

19. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Beau... why do you make me correct you so often? First of all, it's IAGO, not Diago, yeesh. And Abu is the monkey, Jafar is the bad guy.

20. Beauregard

Because...well, aside from the fact you are technically my father...Iago looks like a sad bundle of letters that fell out of the soup and Diago looks much more dignafied and straightforward.

And speaking of difgnafied and straightforward...Sam the American Eagle was totally fantastic in this movie. I don't know how he got such a starring role, but he carried it was style.