1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Muppet Treasure Island: Buried Treasure

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Ruahnna, Feb 27, 2007.

1. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

In regards to Clueless and Polly being a fantastic villianistic duo, I say, here here! (Or is it hear hear? Hear here? Hear there? Here, there, and everywhere?) But I STILL say, as I said in the 100 Greatest Muppets Thread <shameless plug>, that it's a TRIO, and it includes Mad Monty!

And yes, Sam was AWESOME in MTI!

2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Did I ever menton that in my picture book version of MTI which includes collectable Muppet cards...*breath*...there is a card with a picture of Clueless and Polly and it says, "Bad Polly and Mad Monty."

I gotta agree with ye, it is a trio. But to be honest, Mad Monty doesn't talk that much...he just kinda blinks his adorable little hat, which Polly and Clueless have very cleverly scripted, hilarious lines of dialogue.

3. BeakerSqueedom

BeakerSqueedom Active Member

XD HAHAHA! Big Fat Ugly Bug Faced...HAHAHA!

Dude, I totally saw that in my head.

Zoot: *Whips out his instrument* ...zzzzzz *falls on floor*

BFUBFBEO'Brian: *TRIP*

WIN!

Sam: *Gapes at her* :O ....

4. TogetherAgain

Ooh, no, I don't think you DID mention that! It amuses me greatly.

And Mad Monty DOES have awesome lines! Perhaps not as many, although I'm sure the next time I watch I'll count and see, but he DOES have some good ones! For example, he has one of my favorite lines in one of my favorite songs of the movie: "I love to hang 'em high and watch their little feet try to walk in the air, while their faces turn blue..." ...Gee, now I sound really cruel, that THAT'S one of my favorite lines...

5. Beauregard

*gasp* How can that be one of your favorite lines when it's all piratey and blood thirsty and piratey and...ok, so I see your point. But I prefer to *sings* cut a trouuut *ends singing*

Bea:zany:{I wonder what happened to BFUBFBEO'B anyway...she sort of dissapeared below decks never to be seen again? Was she in your computer game, Lisa?}regard

6. TogetherAgain

Another favorite song Mad Monty line of mine: "I could have been a surgeon, I like TAKING THINGS APART!" I love that line. I love that song. Have I mentioned that at prom a friend of mine and I tortured a guy by singing that to him? It was so much fun. ...I'm not doing much for my image as a nice person, am I?

And I have ALWAYS wondered what happened to Big Fat Ugly Bug Faced Baby Eating O'Brian! Where did she go? Any theories? Anybody? Anybody?

7. Beauregard

I have some theories...but those are for me, and my imagination. ("Still think this is a figment of your imagination?")

Ok...it has got to be said, Mad Monty's voice is amazing. It starts way back in his throat and sticks in about four different places before getting the words out. "I like TAKing things apart."

8. TogetherAgain

That is an AWESOME voice description. Awesome. I love it! Just plain wonderful and so apt and so disgustingly gross but fun to imagine. Perfect.

And gee, isn't that what you said about the Steve pics? <ahem> <innocent little puppy eyes> <cough cough> SWAEHB! <cough cough> <innocent little puppy eyes>

9. Beauregard

*laughs* *pauses* *coughs* *laughs* You wish. What happened in Treasure Island, staaays in Treasure Island.

While we are on the subject of theories...any theory why Lew was a pirate? Drew the short straw perhaps?

10. SgtGonzoPepper

SgtGonzoPepper New Member

if Zoot was fighting id think hed be asleep to begin w/. Teeth would like be fighting someone from across the beach cuz of his long arms. janice would just wack the heck outta some guy w/ her guitar, Floyd would be doing the same and of course animal would be going insane.

11. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

MTI is a rather well done movie and it makes good use of Kevin Clash as Polly and of Sam Eagle. Very good movie with some great casting. Kevin Clash is an amazing performer, when he isn't being sickeningly sweet as Elmo.

12. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

*ahem* I seem to have that very card... :halo:

And something interesting about Sam's character, Samuel Arrow, in the actual book of "Treasure Island" Mr. Arrow is a drunk who isn't duped off the ship by Silver, but falls overboard one night when he's had too much to drink.

These Muppet people are so original. :p

13. Beauregard

*ahem* As sacred keeper of Treasure Island (credited as "The Book" in a stage production of the same) I beg to differ. Sams fate is neither stated nor sealed. We know he took to drinking "for warmth" with Silver, and we know he went over-board, but it's left in our hands (imaginations) as to whether it was an "accident" although it was strongly suggested that Silver, and crew, had a hand in it. Have you seen the movie version with Christian Bale?

Bea:zany:{Christian Bale should SO be a guest on TMS when it returns to Public Television}regard

14. theprawncracker

Oh. Well, I guess I definitely didn't read it that close (it was a summer reading book, I wouldn't dare pay that much attention). :p

Who's Christian Bale?

15. Beauregard

Oh dear lord...Christian Bale is Batman...must I teach you everything you know about currant culture?

But back on topic *ahem*...I have to say, "Spa-aam!" His voice is another reason to watch MTI.

16. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

See... Always thought Mad Monty's lines, as you're posting them here, were Blind Pew's lines. Guess it doesn't help when I'm just as blind as Pew, though still some sight's left in these bloodshot vampire peepers.

And another thing about Big-Fat-UglyBug-Faced-Baby-Eating O'Brien... What I'd really like to know is what's the name of the actress who portrayed that particular role?

17. theprawncracker

Beau, if anyone teaches about culture, it is I, your father.

And yes, Spa'am is great, another fantastic Kevin Clash character.

And Ed... I don't know. Is her name even in the credits?

18. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

That's the thing... It isn't, according to all the info at the places I usually haunt.
    BTW: Just merged this one with the thread Aunt Ru started waay back.

And Christian Bail is portraying the character of Bruce Wayne/Batman in the new movie franchise directed by Christopher Nolan... But to say that he "is" Batman, well, don't get me started on one of my counted colleagues.

And MTI is a great movie, no matter what people say about not liking Muppet adaptations of books into film.

19. Beauregard

*giggles!* Oh thanks for merging! That will make things much clearer. And I'll say not another word about CB being Brucey (Wait...isn't CB Christy B? I get the initials so mixed up...does that mean that Christy is Batwoman? Have I gone off on an irretrievable tangent?)

I guess the reason for the complications re Big Fat Ugly (etc) is that her voice and...*ahem*...body were different, which would have made it odd for the credits. Or perhaps she was just overlooked somehow. *tries to imagine how anyone could overlook her*

20. theprawncracker

Sam and Kermit certainly couldn't overlook her. :halo: