Muppet Treasure Island: Buried Treasure

PhsychoChimp

Reaction score
"The Swedish Chef shows up with a removable pig's snout. The rats comment as to how else were they to get him into the movie? Classic Muppetism.
"
Count, that was a tomatoe, which the Chef promptly smacked with a random item, and it was played by none other than Jerry Nelson.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing that out. *Goes to check on other threads.

peyjenk

Reaction score
Reading this thread makes me want to watch the movie again!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Muppet Treasure Island

I don't think we've had a discussion thread about MTI.

I for one love it. The build up to the jokes are fun and the punchlines are funny. And, I love the music.

The effects are awesome, too; especially when Kermit is bouncing around after Long John Silver (did anybody notice that Yoda's counter-attack on Count Dooku was similar?).

Tim Curry has a masterful performance in this film, acting dramatically with a great sence of comedic timing. Some performers have seemed weird with the Muppets, but those who treat them like cast members and perform seriously always make for the best guest stars on the shows or in the movies.

I did notice something tonight, though, that after Billy Bones puts the mug over Rizzo, a left hand with a wedding ring comes into the very bottom of the shot. At least, this is on the most recent DVD release from Diz. Anybody else notice this?

It's chock full of favorite scenes, but when Blind Pew grabs Jim Hawkins and feels up his face, "Ah! A pretty leetle girl!" HA HA! That cracks me up.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yea MTI is so good it has everything love comady and even a little love with Kermit and Piggy. When they sing "Love led us here" i almost tear up. One thing i think is good in this is Sam he really does so good in the whole movie, they fianaly gave him a preety big role. It also showed a little bit of Brian's dark comady i think dealing with death and such. Piggy was just beautiful in this movie as well. I really think all the muppets where themselfs in this movie even though they where playing diffrent people.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
"Sir, I am not a little girl..I-I-I'm a boy..."

XD I crack up at that line as well, however I laugh even more at Fozzie when he says "Big blue wet thing!" while Sam gives a hilarious expression!

*Cracking up*

MTI

was good too because of the subtle romance...awww..

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
I've ALWAYS loved MTI and could never understand people who didn't. I just think it's SO funny and heartwarming and that Tim Curry and Kevin Bishop did just such a wonderful job the entire time. When I saw the movie last weekend on the big screen--the first time since it's initial theatrical release for me--I was wowed by it once more. It's a movie I have probably seen 200 times but I experienced it in a whole new way last weekend. Everything was funnier and I found myself laughing out loud to jokes/gags I have been reciting for years as if it was the first time I'd heard them!

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
I the loved the roll call seen and who could forget Big Fat Ugly Bug-Faced Baby-Eating O'Brian?

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I love this movie. While The Muppet Movie is my favorite, I have the most fun watching this and The Great Muppet Caper.

Blind Pew? Best Muppet villain ever.

Pork

Reaction score
Excellent Movie, Love TIm Curry in it. and Having Billy Connely as Billy Bones was hilarious.