Muppet Vinylmation Series 2

dwayne1115

Reaction score
But still waldo Wow that is pretty impresive right there.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
waldo!

*faints*

thats very nice quire a nice idea to make his sides clear plastic

also nice nice to see 360 degrees of the characters but i have a problem with scooter no muppet show logo lol and the fact i can't them in the uk:smile:

MuppetLabsBoy

Reaction score
100% percent agree with you about the logo. From what I've heard, the figures can't be too complex w/too many colors because they are painted on by a machine. The more colors and more advanced the design, the more likely a smudge or error is to occur in the process of being painted.

-MLB:eek:

rowlfy662

Reaction score
ah that makes sense although i cant buy them i would hate to see an error on scooter as its a very nice little figure but still shocked by animal in 9 inch figures they should of also released him in 3 inch and in the 9 inch give a jar of grow pills that would of been a good idea

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Punched-up Pepe

I've collected this series since the first Kermit and continued with all of the regular assortment of series one, but still don't like these as much as I should.

I work in urban vinyl and it's no easy task to skin these suckers. Muppet skins on this Mickey template are probably among the most challenging of assignments, however the form, the likeness and the skin can work much better than this! I wish they'd open it up to other artists because it would be such a treat to work on these.

I'll illustrate my point by choosing the most difficult one to work on - Pepe. This comp took me a mere 10 minutes and, while not perfect, it demonstrates how the design could be better implemented and the likeness could be improved.

I'd still like to collect the Muppet Vinylmations, but my budget can't handle much right now and I'm just not sold that they're trying hard enough with these.

I've got to say that Disney even attempting these is mind-blowing and many of these are done well. None of them get over a B- grade from me so far.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I already emailed you, Jamie... but you never, ever cease to amaze me. Your Pepe is 100 times better than the one actually being produced.

I will agree with you though that I'm not disappointed with all of them at all. The selection alone is enough to please me and the designs are very well done... they could obviously use some improvement though, as Jamie's design shows.

And by the by... that Waldo chaser is fantastic! SO wonderful.