1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Vinylmation Series 2

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by FloydPepper77, Sep 22, 2010.

1. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

agreed thats really lucky getting waldo he looks nice in real life and wonder if anyone gets that lucky :zany:
  2. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Holy cow! Theres an actual Floyd product I can buy? *fan girl scream*

Now how the heck am I gonna get to our 'near by' disney store thats a good 45 minutes away...
  3. Bellygrub

Bellygrub Member

It's incredibly lucky. I opened him last and when I saw the clear ear I assumed it was another penguin. It wasn't till I got home and took them fully out of the box I realized I had pulled the chaser. I had just been saying to the Mrs that I'd probably never pull Waldo etc etc.... :D

The figures come blind boxed so if it's just Floyd you're after you'd likely be better off picking him up off eBay. I got him for 11$ shipped which is two bucks cheaper then buying them blind! :sing:
  4. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I know. Now stop crushing my dreams of getting him on the first try ;)
  5. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

i'd really love to get these but sadly i'm in the uk but wait there disney stores in the uk finnaly a time that i want to use the disney store uk site

P.S. i just checked it right here and not one vinylmation is on thier site WHY OH WHY must thedisney stores in the U.S be so much better :)
  6. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hey guys... The Vinylmation Station just reported according to the Official Disney Vinylmation Blog that the first S2 9" figure will be Sam the Eagle, to be sold starting June 24 at the D-Street store in Florida for $29.93. Dunno why they said it wouldn't be available through the online store, but I thought you peeps would like to know the news. :attitude:
  7. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

I've been new to Vinylmation myself, but I'm already hooked. The very first vinylmation I bought was a Muppets series 2 blind box on ebay and I got Zoot :cool:, oh you can bet I was one happy fan boy. Since than I've gotten from Statlor and Beaker from Muppets 1, Phil (from Disney's Hercules) from the Animation series, Plam trees from the Urban series 3, and Hamm and Woody from the Toy Story series. Plus I just bought 4 FOUR more of the Toy Story ones on the Disneystore.

Anyhow, I want the 9' Animal one that's suppose to come out soon. Gonzo is also a 9' with a 3' Camilla, all of these are really awesome.
  8. MuppetLabsBoy

MuppetLabsBoy Member

I just got a penguin and Zoot. I really like the addition of the removable hat.
  9. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

i recently got Pepe and i have Rizzo from season one...sadly i may not keep them...im not feeling the collector bits of it
  10. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

I have seen a couple of factory errors, which has assembled a Piggy head on a Janice body with Floyd arms! Makes you wonder how it will effect the numbers of the other characters, when parts of 3 characters have been used for one.There will be Piggy bodies left over with no heads, Janice heads with no bodies and Floyd figures with no arms!
  11. MuppetLabsBoy

MuppetLabsBoy Member

That's funny! I haven't seen one like that, only errors in the paint and in other series. Like my Buzz Lightyear from the Toy Story series has his control pad not exactly on his chest. I think that you can snap out the pieces though, so you can probably fix it. Plus, I would think that if you buy it in the Disney store & open it up right there and an associate sees it like that, they'll probably do something about it.

-MLB:eek:
  12. mbaboon

mbaboon New Member

13. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I ADORE these! I would buy these in a heart-beat if they were to be produced. That Uncle Deadly is fantastic and I would go crazy to own one! GREAT job! If you'd ever like to have your fan art spotlighted on The Muppet Mindset, drop me a PM or an email at ryguy102390@gmail.com and I'd love, love to feature you!
    mbaboon likes this.
  14. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Maybe, but it's sort of a rule with Vinylmation that no returns or refunds can be made.

I also really like these too, but not to be a downer or nothing, but I don't see another Muppet series for vinylmation. Plus I think the Jim Henson company still owns the rights to Jim's likeness so if another series did come out I doubt it would include the Jim Henson Muppet. But I'm just being nitpicking, I guess. Still great work mbaboon.
  15. mbaboon

mbaboon New Member

Thanks. I actually considered putting a Kermit puppet on Jim's right hand since the Vinylmation hand has a bit of a curve, but I wasn't sure on who would own the rights to Jim's image. I figured it would be more likely that Disney would be able to use the Jim Henson Muppet Country Trio figure than Jim Henson's actual likeness. Agreed that the chances of another Muppet Vinylmation series would be slim - that's why I took matters into my own hands.
  16. TSSD

TSSD Active Member

Actually, I would be surprised if there wasn't a third Muppets Vinylmation series.
  17. MuppetLabsBoy

MuppetLabsBoy Member

I agree with you. I have a feeling that after the movie in November, Disney will start making the Muppets more mainstream and expose people to the more unknown characters.

-MLB:eek:
  18. MuppetLabsBoy

MuppetLabsBoy Member

Your designs are better than most of the real ones! You should buy some of the vinylmation create your owns and actually make them!
  19. mbaboon

mbaboon New Member

Thanks so much. I may just do that, especially since - even outside of my designs - I've got some gaping holes in the 3" set (no Gonzo, Sam or Animal even available).
  20. Bellygrub

Bellygrub Member

My biggest want for series 3 is a Jim Muppet 9" with a 3" Kermit.

I made myself a 3" Gonzo. I posted him over in the action figure forum. It's really addicting. I've been making them non stop ever since :D