Muppet Voice Impressions

Misskermie

Reaction score
Honestly, I think Miss Piggy is one of the hardest ones to impersonate. There's just something about her voice that's impossible to follow.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Honestly, I think Miss Piggy is one of the hardest ones to impersonate. There's just something about her voice that's impossible to follow.
You're right. It's a weird tone. Fuller than most falsetto voices, but with lots of grit and low tones when she's angry.

We lucked out with Jacobson. The only thing he does that I think is a misstep is making Miss Piggy a good singer.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Now if I could somehow get Disney or Seasme Workshop to realize that I can do those voices well, I'll be living my dream job! I would love to be the next Jim Henson, but I know I could never live up to him, he was awesome!
Well, I guess they're still looking for a new Elmo voice, so if you can do him as well, that would be something to look into.

As for me. I'm 'rully' good with Janice and I can do Marty's character's Snuffy and Telly. Bert and Ernie are relatively easy. The ones with scratchy voices, Grover, Cookie, Gonzo may be a little hard on me since I have throat problems but I'm working on that.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Do keep in mind that when taking over for an established Muppet, the voice is only part of the job. One has to have a really strong understanding of the character. And as the character is part of the performer, the next performer should be somebody who knew the original performer very well. That is why the original performer (or somebody close to the original performer) will always carefully choose the next one to take on their characters. And that person is always another Muppeteer. And (obviously) they have to be a professional puppeteer.

But getting back on topic, I don't think I can do any impersonations. :sympathy:
Then again, I've never really tried. I used to able to do a pretty good impersonation of Stitch (from "Lilo and Stitch").

rowlfy662

Reaction score
i found miss piggy quite easy to learn though i have been doing impressions from a young age so for me i doesn't take long to learn a voice from muppets to celebrities

Misskermie

Reaction score
i found miss piggy quite easy to learn though i have been doing impressions from a young age so for me i doesn't take long to learn a voice from muppets to celebrities
You can sound like her?

*Bows down*

You are worthy,
I am not.

Hubert

Reaction score
Piggy's normal voice is extremely tough, it's taken me a lot of practice to get even close (I'm still not there yet, but it has improved quite a bit.) You really have to just beam it out and hope it works. Now her voice when she gets angry, that voice isn't as bad, I can manage it pretty well.

Misskermie

Reaction score
I can do her angry voice perfectly.

Just not her normal voice.
:frown:

Hubert

Reaction score
My biggest problem with her normal voice is that I'm too loud when I attempt it. I practically burst my ear drums when trying it, because the only way I can come up with a voice even close is to pretty much just yell it out.

I also find, strangely, that her voice is a tad easier when you have her singing. For some reason it helps me when I sing "Never Before, Never Again" as her.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Yeah, when I sing Never Before, or Temptation, something that she has to use strong vocals on, I can nail it, but I just can't seem to do it.