1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Muppet Voice Impressions

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by meepmuppaphones, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I was just thinking, Jerry Nelson's character's sure are hard to do. I can do an alright Floyd and sometimes Lew Zealand, but anyone else is just so hard to reach. He just has so much sharpness in his voice that is hard to duplicate.

2. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

The first thing I try to practice with Lew's voice is his laugh.
    With Floyd, I try to make it raspy, but I end up damaging my wind pipes.

3. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

That's the problem. You're using wind pipes when you should be using a guitar.

Scooter's another voice that I used to have trouble with, but am gradually getting the hang of.

miss kermie likes this.
  4. miss kermie

I can sound like Weeeembleeeeeyyyyy

5. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Now Wemlbey is a voice I can't do to save my life. I always have struggled with the voices of characters originated by Steve.

6. miss kermie

Even Beaker...?

*slaps self*

That was richard hunt idiot.

7. ProboSowa

ProboSowa Member

I can do impressions of a few characters, Swedish Chef being one of the easiest. Not bad with Bunsen either.

8. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

My problem with Bunsen is that I can kinda do him, but I always end up slipping into some sort of weird accent with him.

9. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

For me, it's not hard to do Lew Zealand, Dr. Strangepork, Uncle Deadly, or Pops because I have a loud voice. It's tougher for me to do Robin's high-pitched voice and Louis Kazagger, too. And I especially have trouble with Floyd's voice and laugh. I end up coughing after I do it.
    And to throw my hat into the "Miss Piggy" voice, I can do a good job with Miss Piggy's normal speaking voice, but I have to work on her "angry" voice and her singing.

10. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

*bumping to the thread*

When I get so excited, sometimes I do sound like Red Fraggle. Heh, I guess I am not the only who comes out with a Muppet or Fraggle voice. Ha! :excited:

11. TheWeirdoGirl

TheWeirdoGirl Well-Known Member

There are a lot of Muppets who I can't do a voice impression of, but I can imitate the way they say and pronounce things. I'm not sure what that is called... vocal inflections, maybe?

Also I've recently discovered that I can do a close impression of TMS Season 2 Gonzo, but only for a few seconds because I can't keep the raspiness going.

12. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

I just found out today that I can do Beaker (complete with 'inhale' method).

13. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

I can do Mario from Glove and Boots on Youtube pretty well.

14. gonzofan13

gonzofan13 Active Member

:):o:mad:;):sympathy::shifty::concern::rolleyes::eek::D:sing::flirt::halo::hungry::attitude::fishy::boo::cluck::grr::p:(:insatiable::wisdom::grouchy::super::batty::laugh: thats all.

15. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

i can do actully alot of characters but some are just alright

16. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

Bumping this:
    Recently, found out I can do a nice Oswald the Ostritch and Dicky Knee from Australia's HEY HEY IT'S SATURDAY, and Agro from the Cartoon Connection.

I also recently found out I can master Andre the Giant's voice... But he's hardly a muppet...

17. Dr TeethFan

Dr TeethFan Active Member

Janice,Mahna Mahna,Animal and Uncle Deadly

18. LeahXZoot4Evur

LeahXZoot4Evur Well-Known Member

I can do Janice, Floyd, Zoot, and Lips...whatever Trumpet Girl's is.

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  19. misspiggy5260

misspiggy5260 Well-Known Member

I can do most but Elmo,Beaker,Wembley,and Janice are my best

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  20. misspiggy5260

misspiggy5260 Well-Known Member

UPDATE: I can now do a pretty good Walter and Big Bird