1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppet Voice Impressions

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by meepmuppaphones, Feb 25, 2012.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

My best impressions are of Elmo and Big Bird. Aside from those, I'm good at Cookie Monster (closer to David Rudmans), Grundgetta, Grover (a little bit), Prairie Dawn, Gonzo, Uncle Deadly, Beaker, Swedish Chef, Link Hearthrob singing, a little bit of Fozzie (closer to Eric's)and, just recently, I've learned I can do Miss Piggy. Also, would Barkley count? Even though he's just a dog. :D

Edit...forgot to put Camilla. :cluck:
  2. TheWeirdoGirl

TheWeirdoGirl Well-Known Member

I can do Link pretty well. Also lately I've been trying to do Rowlf, but that one isn't working out too well. :p
  3. mo

mo Well-Known Member

I can sorta do prairie dawn...but only when she's singing that repetetive song :grr:
  4. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

I had a sore throat yesterday, so I sound like Gonzo. Other than not, none. Though I speak Kermit-style 'r' sounds.
  5. Zoot the Saxer

Zoot the Saxer Active Member

Yeah, sometimes I can sound like Zoot, but only 'cause I have kind of a sleepy, quiet voice. I can also impersonate George the Janitor. And my dad does a mean Gonzo! :concern:
  6. jgidley

jgidley Active Member

Let's see: the ones that I'm not so bad at are Chef, Kermit, Beaker, The Newsman, Guy Smiley, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, the Count, and Statler
  7. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

TIME HAS PASSED AND I CAN SOUND LIKE ROWLF!

HAPPY DAYS!
  8. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

I'm not going to claim to be a good impressionist. I have a variety of my own voices, but it's pretty embarrassing when I try to copy others. I can do a lot of the easier ones, like the Swedish Chef, Link, and Beaker. I can do an alright Kermit, a passable Gonzo, and a passable Miss Piggy, a decent Dr. Teeth, I can copy Janice's pitch and inflections alright. That's about it. And I'm sure I sound a lot better to myself than when others hear it! :p
    miss kermie likes this.
  9. Auberoun

Auberoun Member

Figured out how to do an near exact Floyd :sing: and :halo: , and JH's :), :hungry:, and link.
    and come very close to doing cookie :insatiable: grover :super:, bert, :(, ernie :p, and :confused:
    Sometimes, if my voice cooperates, I can do a passable sam :attitude:.

Now if I could somehow get Disney or Seasme Workshop to realize that I can do those voices well, I'll be living my dream job! I would love to be the next Jim Henson, but I know I could never live up to him, he was awesome!
  10. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Hmmm...let's see:
    I think my best ones are Jim's characters from The Muppet Show...Kermit, Link Hogthrob, Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, Swedish Chef, Waldorf, and the Newsman
    and Ernie from SS (not Guy Smiley, that one's really hard to do well)
    *I use my Sam the Eagle voice whenever I disapprove of something I hear...HUMPH! That is NOT appropriate! Simply IN-decent! XD *
    also good at these others:
    MS: all the main Electric Mayhem members, Scooter, Fozzie, Beauregard, Lew Zealand, Uncle Deadly, Beaker, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Dr. Strangepork, and Statler
    SS: Cookie Monster, Grover, Herry Monster, Biff, Herbert Birdsfoot, Big Bird, Bert, Oscar, the Count, and Don Music
    My Miss Piggy, Robin, Crazy Harry, Gonzo, Rizzo, Pepe, Elmo, and Oscar aren't great...but they're coming along.
  11. miss kermie

Honestly, I think Miss Piggy is one of the hardest ones to impersonate. There's just something about her voice that's impossible to follow.
  12. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

You're right. It's a weird tone. Fuller than most falsetto voices, but with lots of grit and low tones when she's angry.

We lucked out with Jacobson. The only thing he does that I think is a misstep is making Miss Piggy a good singer.
    miss kermie likes this.
  13. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Well, I guess they're still looking for a new Elmo voice, so if you can do him as well, that would be something to look into.

As for me. I'm 'rully' good with Janice and I can do Marty's character's Snuffy and Telly. Bert and Ernie are relatively easy. The ones with scratchy voices, Grover, Cookie, Gonzo may be a little hard on me since I have throat problems but I'm working on that.
  14. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Do keep in mind that when taking over for an established Muppet, the voice is only part of the job. One has to have a really strong understanding of the character. And as the character is part of the performer, the next performer should be somebody who knew the original performer very well. That is why the original performer (or somebody close to the original performer) will always carefully choose the next one to take on their characters. And that person is always another Muppeteer. And (obviously) they have to be a professional puppeteer.

But getting back on topic, I don't think I can do any impersonations. :sympathy:
    Then again, I've never really tried. I used to able to do a pretty good impersonation of Stitch (from "Lilo and Stitch").
    Hubert and Kasey Kockroach like this.
  15. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

i found miss piggy quite easy to learn though i have been doing impressions from a young age so for me i doesn't take long to learn a voice from muppets to celebrities
    miss kermie likes this.
  16. miss kermie

You can sound like her?

*Bows down*

You are worthy,
    I am not.
  17. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Piggy's normal voice is extremely tough, it's taken me a lot of practice to get even close (I'm still not there yet, but it has improved quite a bit.) You really have to just beam it out and hope it works. Now her voice when she gets angry, that voice isn't as bad, I can manage it pretty well.
  18. miss kermie

I can do her angry voice perfectly.

Just not her normal voice.
    :(
  19. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

My biggest problem with her normal voice is that I'm too loud when I attempt it. I practically burst my ear drums when trying it, because the only way I can come up with a voice even close is to pretty much just yell it out.

I also find, strangely, that her voice is a tad easier when you have her singing. For some reason it helps me when I sing "Never Before, Never Again" as her.
  20. miss kermie

Yeah, when I sing Never Before, or Temptation, something that she has to use strong vocals on, I can nail it, but I just can't seem to do it.