Muppet Wizard of Oz to film in September

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
The guy performed Animal in some background scenes in MFS along with other characters. Currently, they have finished shooting blue-screen stuff with the flying monkeys and are supposed to start on the Yellow Brick Road set soon.

The Good Doctor said:
WOW, that is truly great. I have wanted to work with/ for the Muppets, Henson CO for years. How did he/ she get such a great job oppertunity? What do they do, and they puppet operators?
http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=16449

McFraggle

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
The guy performed Animal in some background scenes in MFS along with other characters. Currently, they have finished shooting blue-screen stuff with the flying monkeys and are supposed to start on the Yellow Brick Road set soon.
Are the flying monkeys existing characters like Sal or are they new? :halo:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Intriguing. Now, I have no case to doubt my good friend Kev that this information is true, therefore, I must say that this film is begining to sound interesting.

Blue screen, huh?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I dunno. I don't ask questions about the film, I just wait and let the info come. I don't want to be a big bother to my friend, but when I have a few questions, I'll forward them to him and maybe he can ask his friend. We'll see.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Flying Monkies

I am really hoping that this film has a very realistic feel to it like Disney’s Return to OZ, and the Harry Potter films. To actually create The Land of OZ would really help to make this film so wonderful. I feel that now days things have to look more real any way, the MGM OZ Film looks very story book, where as Return to OZ looks more realistic. (To me anyway).

The sequence with the flying Monkeys in the book is a very sad part of the story, and kind of scary, I wonder how Disney/ Henson will handle this. I also hope they do not play up the revenge issue of the Wicked Witch of the West to much. MGM used her revenge as almost the main motivation of the plot. In the book it is really not so much an issue until the band of characters (Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tin Man and Lion) go looking for the Witch of the West. Then the witch wants the silver shoes, and tries to destroy Dorothy and her friends.

I kind of liked the idea of Gonzo and Rizzo being narrators like they did in Muppets Christmas Carol, they kind of re-created that team in Muppets Treasure Island, and I think it would have worked well in this situation as well, Like in MCC Gonzo and Rizzo follow the characters, change costumes depending on where they are, and aid in the telling of the story and the humore.

So far I have to say it sounds pretty good. :smile: :excited: :zany:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I don't thinking making a more realistic Oz would be very "Muppety." It would work IF there was a company doing what I WISH would be done, which is to create a series of movies based directly on the books and make THOSE more realistic.

With Gonzo as the Tin Man, it would be hard for him to also be the narrator. I didn't feel that they were narrating MTI, though, as they were their own characters in that story: friends of Jim Jim Jimmy Jim Jim...

What I want them to do for sure with this is be funny, and be creative. Like the good ol' days.

McFraggle

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
With Gonzo as the Tin Man, it would be hard for him to also be the narrator. I didn't feel that they were narrating MTI, though, as they were their own characters in that story: friends of Jim Jim Jimmy Jim Jim...
I didn't feel they were narrators in MTI either. I don't know as the film really needs a narrator, I think most people could follow the story as it goes through its natural progression. I don't know who you could use as a narrator anyway. Crazy Harry :crazy: , no? :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'm thinking Janice would make a great Narrator.

'And like, once upon a time, fer sure...'

Or maybe the Chef...

'Ernd per vonce ergpoon e timer'

Or Zoot...

'Huh?'

Animal?

'WIZARD! WIZARD! WIZARD!!'

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
interesting cast for the movie. it might be really good after all.

Who's the Wizard?