Muppet Wizard of Oz to film in September

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Oz

After watching MTI again you guys are right Gonzo and Rizzo are not narrators in this film. I do not know what I was thinking about, probably Muppets Christmas Carol, that original story has a strong narration to it to begin with.

The Wonderful Wizard of OZ could work with a narrator as well, depending on how much of the book they include. It my help to explain a few things, like why Dorothy has Silver shoes in stead of the Ruby.

As for realism, I would expect that if they are filming on location there will be a good deal of realism in the film. The difference I was speaking of was the same difference between Muppets performing on the Muppet Theater stage and back stage, is heavily contrasted to Kermit and Fozzy driveling a Studebaker down the open road.

That kind of realism would do OZ some good; get it off the sound stage and into the realm of reality, real time, real space.
:smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
The Good Doctor said:
As for realism, I would expect that if they are filming on location there will be a good deal of realism in the film. The difference I was speaking of was the same difference between Muppets performing on the Muppet Theater stage and back stage, is heavily contrasted to Kermit and Fozzy driveling a Studebaker down the open road.
:smile:
Oh, I get it now! Yes! I agree whole-heartedly!!

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Emerald City

I hope the time frame takes more than a day, or a night of viewing.

What I mean by that is in the book Dorothy is gone for a week or more at the very least. In fact she is gone so long that Uncle Henery has allready started buidling a new farm house.

It takes time for Dorothy to traved acrss the strange and often rugged country side. In the MGM Film, they make it seem that Dorothy has really only been gone (asleep) for a very short time, a day at the most.

I also hope we get to see more of the emerald city, after all in the book they spend a few days there. Basically because OZ has to come up with a plann before he sees them.

I also hope the don't play up the revenge thing to much. Because in the book that is not exactly how it happes, I mean it is not the main driving Plot like it is in the MGM film.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
The last word

Well I did not think I would have the last word here. If I have done anything to offend, and cause you all to stay away for so long I am truly sorry. That was not my intent, and I hope we can all discuss here again soon.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Hey, Good Doctor I'm not offended!

Quentin Tarantino in a cameo? Brilliant!
Jeffrey Tambor as the Wizard? Magnificent!
Miss Piggy as all the witches? Insane but terrific!
Pepe as Toto? Fantastic!

I will definitely be watching this movie and recording it at the same time. Afterwards, I will download it off of the internet. And when a fast food chain agrees to make Muppet WOO items as giveaways, I will buy them all. Then, when the movie comes to DVD, I will buy it. I'm so glad the Muppets will be back on the air! Everyone with multiple televisions needs to have every TV tuned into that station on that night so that Disney can see what a ratings success the Muppets are and then maybe we'll get a new show.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I am actually begining to look forward to seeing Piggy as a bad guy (gal) I think she'll do it well, but Please we mustn't let her get type cast into playing badies.

Hey, do you guys remember when I did that April Fool newscast saying that Miss Piggy wasn't going to be in the movie at all?

WiGgY

Reaction score
So are there any leaked pictures of the production yet? JUst one? Any? Where are the spies!?!?!

Beauregard

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
So are there any leaked pictures of the production yet? JUst one? Any? Where are the spies!?!?!
:wink: : Here's the pies, boss.

:smile: :Not Pies! Spys!

:wink: : Oh, I thought you said pies. Oh this is embarasing.

Beau{Throws pies onto stage}regard

WickedLuvr

Reaction score
Of Wicked

I am doing a project on Muppets so I decided to join this forum, I believe I am not as "into it" as you people are, even though I love the muppets. I am personally looking forward to this movie. I will probably be most confused though, as I have not read the book itself, the only "Oz" related book I have read is "Wicked." I saw the MGM movie, and I have read Wicked, which I loved (in case you cant tell by my username.) I feel that it puts a twist on the story of the Wicked Witch of the West, as to why she does what she does in "Oz" (Even though that is only like the last 30 pages of the book). So while watching this movie when it comes out, I will probably be thinking of Wicked. I am going to read Wizard of Oz before I watch this movie now, as I have understood that some roles have been mixed up (i.e. Glinda is the Good Witch of the South, not North I hear) I think Miss Piggy will be a good Witch in all ways, I can see her waving her head around looking up talking like she is everything. I think it would be hilarious if they make her fall in love with Kermit, even though he is the scarecrow (I think) and she is the witch. Well, I just wanted to introduce myself, not on the introductory board thingmabob because people dont read those anyway, lol. I am in school right now, so I am off to do my work :smile: