Muppet Wizard of Oz to film in September

Whatever

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
:wink: : Here's the pies, boss.

:smile: :Not Pies! Spys!

:wink: : Oh, I thought you said pies. Oh this is embarasing.

Beau{Throws pies onto stage}regard
Well, there are quite a few spies around here. Just look for the Groucho Marx glasses.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I absolutely cannot wait. I think we're all getting a bit too excited about the Oz side of things tho... there are going to be Muppets in it too!

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
To Be OZ or to be Muppets?

TuttertheMouse said:
I absolutely cannot wait. I think we're all getting a bit too excited about the Oz side of things tho... there are going to be Muppets in it too!
What makes Muppets Christmas Carol so great is that it is Dickens text with a Muoppets Twist.

What makes Muppets Treasure Islan so great is that it is Robert Louis Stevenson's text with a Wild Muppet Twist.

And what will Mak Muppets Wizard of OZ good (as it will be) L. Fank Baum's Original text with a Way out Muppet twist!

That is part of the magic and the fun, and for any one who has red the original text you know that this story goes fair beyond the relm of Judy Garland and the MGM film. I think the Muppets will do it justice, and tell the tail in a way that fits them and the book. As many of you know I have voiced a great many objections and concerns since I first head about this film being made. And many of you ahve made a number of very valid poins about the Muppets and there history, I feel As long as the Muppts remain true to them selves and cut out the toilet jokes it will be a hit.

I also hope that this spring boards folks abck into reading the OZ books, there are over 40 stories about OZ and they are all wonderful, weird, wild, and magical. This is a great oppertunity for Disney and the muppets to produce a quality production for kids and adults, as well as promote reading with your kids.

McFraggle

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I am actually begining to look forward to seeing Piggy as a bad guy (gal) I think she'll do it well, but Please we mustn't let her get type cast into playing badies.
I agree completely Beau. :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
WickedLuvr said:
I am doing a project on Muppets so I decided to join this forum, I believe I am not as "into it" as you people are, even though I love the muppets. I am personally looking forward to this movie. I will probably be most confused though, as I have not read the book itself, the only "Oz" related book I have read is "Wicked." I saw the MGM movie, and I have read Wicked, which I loved (in case you cant tell by my username.) I feel that it puts a twist on the story of the Wicked Witch of the West, as to why she does what she does in "Oz" (Even though that is only like the last 30 pages of the book). So while watching this movie when it comes out, I will probably be thinking of Wicked. I am going to read Wizard of Oz before I watch this movie now, as I have understood that some roles have been mixed up (i.e. Glinda is the Good Witch of the South, not North I hear) I think Miss Piggy will be a good Witch in all ways, I can see her waving her head around looking up talking like she is everything. I think it would be hilarious if they make her fall in love with Kermit, even though he is the scarecrow (I think) and she is the witch. Well, I just wanted to introduce myself, not on the introductory board thingmabob because people dont read those anyway, lol. I am in school right now, so I am off to do my work :smile:
Yeahs, but maybe Piggy won't fall in love with Kermit this time. Or maybe they'll be a love/hate thing between him and the bad witch. Hmmm. Good point.

So long as Kerm dosn't fall for Dorothy...we'll be ok.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Kermit and Piggy

I was kind of thinking about this, in the book, unlike the MGM film the witch does not try to burn the scarecrow.

Actually the winged monkies come and beat all the straw out of the scarecrow and bundle up his close and toss him in a tree. The Tin Man is carried into the air and is then droped, smashed on rocky ground. The Lion is taken to the witches castle with Dorothy to work for the Witch as slaves.

knowing that the Muppets will put there own twist on things I can totally see all the cast being carried to the witches castle by the winged monkies. Wicked Witch Piggy trying to be all kissy, Kissy with kermit the scarecrow. When her shuts her dowm, Piggy the Witch locks them up and makes Dorothy do all the cleaning.

McFraggle

Reaction score
I think it will be interesting to see the different "Piggys." :smile:

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Oz

I think the film will be intresting no matter what the Muppets do with it. And I hope that it is a lot of muppety fun!