Muppet Wizard of Oz to film in September

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
McGee's OZ

(McGee's OZ) = After reading Wicked ( which I did not understand at all) I thought that this might be something along those lines, I liked the darker feel of it. As much as I know about OZ, it's history is a subject that I am not fluent with. I really do not know if the Henson/ Disney peple will be involved or not, it sounds like the project is haveing a problem getting off the ground.

I am also tired of people not getting the story right, why do they always think that can change it and it will be better. After all look at the success the Harry potter films have had. Granted some things were left out, but thay are just like the books.

As for Muppets OZ, I am looking forward to it. Lets see what they can do with it, Statler and Waldorf might make a btter Wizard, and could have loads of fun if Fozzy is the Lion. :attitude:

AruggeRadio

Reaction score
Hmm, Little Miss Duff must be realizing she is nothing without Disney. A Cinderella Story opened and closed quicker then a re-release of Gigli. But in this Muppet movie, well she would bring an audience. What audience that is i have no clue.

Luke

Reaction score
mb22 said:
This time it's Hillary Duff...
I wouldn't put too much faith in rumors from that source myself. I think Jim's probably aiming to go through the entire Hollywood teen actress stable so he actually ends up getting it right for once.

:halo:

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
Jim Hill

I don't know much about Jim Hill, but I agree that he seems to be reaching for gossip items. Hillary Duff is not going to be in this movie...I'll guarantee that. I hope they find someone good though....I'd be happy with an unknown actress who can act and sing well.

McFraggle

Reaction score
Infinity Sirius said:
Would she be good with the Muppets though?
Um... probably not. I would rather have Portman or Hathaway.

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
I don't think there's anything to the Portman and Hathaway rumors. Natalie Portman wouldn't be in a TV movie....I do like her though. I have a bad feeling that Disney will mess this one up and choose someone bad for the Dorothy role.

Luke

Reaction score
WOCKA2416 said:
I hope they find someone good though....I'd be happy with an unknown actress who can act and sing well.
I would have liked them to have opted for an unknown too. Now the Muppets belong to them it makes more sense to me if they let them shine out as the star names more than anyone else, but with celebrity cameos in minor roles of course.

Edit - Looks like Ashanti has been chosen to play Dorothy. An alternative choice, not the best actress but she can certainly sing. See the thread :- http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=15955