MuppetFest 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Whatever said:
I am in Evansville Indiana! That is in southern Indiana, 6 hours away! Well, if they had it in Memphis my family might come too- count in my mom, sister and brother!
Yeah, but if it was in Memphis they'd only have about 12 people show up. Then again, there is more here for folks to see, like Graceland and stuff, so who knows?

I doubt they would have it here though because LA and NY are where they have their studios and it's easier to transport their stuff there than to a different city.

I wouldn't mind the next one being in NewYork, then we might get to visit the JHC and SS stuff and offices, etc.

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
New York would be perfect for me, since I'm only a two hour drive away.

P.S. Hey Foz, when are you gonna start the Kevin thread?

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
what about southern Oklahoma!! oh I know you're all saying....Sarah....you're crazy...but just think.....there's lots of sightseeing with all the hicks around here...just make sure you don't wear brown....some people might mistake you for a deer!

PukkaPukka

Reaction score
MuppetFest Hopes

Hey everyone!

Now, if you're like me, you wanted to go to Muppety convention after Muppety convention, but haven't had the available resources to attend for one reason or another (in my case, a cash issue - LOL & *sniffle*). What I wondered is whether, instead of waiting for an official "Fest," (even though all of us who could attend would and should) why hasn't anyone thought of putting together little groups (i'll leave everyone here to define 'little' as per the regions of the US) around the States for just that purpose? We wouldn't be able to get exclusive merchandise or anything, due that it is unofficial, but we would still be together as people all interested in one thing: The work of the JHC. (Plus, here at MC, we probably have enough merchandise to start our own commercial 'Fest - just kidding all, wouldn't want to stiff the rightfully deservant of their just profit now, would I?) Still, we could exhibit and stuff. I'm thinking "MuppetFest West," (Northwest & CA) or "Cajun Night with Pepe!" (LA & Gulf) et cetera. Well, let me know what you all think! I just know that I can't wait a whole year (or longer) for the Fest :smile: Bring back the wonder, everyone!

>Adam
PukkaPukka

beaker

Reaction score
Hey! Good post. Well, there was a lot of discussion 5 years ago about having a gathering summer of 99...but it took an official Muppet Convention 3 years later to bring everyone together...and even then a lot couldnt attend. The best thing has been these Muppet appearences, like Carrol Spinney with Oscar book tour, or Kermit/Sweetums in NY. I myself feel we will see a Muppetfest before 2005, perhaps in a year or sooner. 2004 will be on the eve of the 50th Muppet Annv year so Im sure something has to be in the works sometime.
Also, folks are free to make planned local mini muppet meep...err meetups in a agredd upon location!

PukkaPukka

Reaction score
Well I basically asked for several reasons, the first being that (duh) I want to go, and the second being that, in Idaho, there isn't even a close location for PoA meetings (unless i want to go to washington for the NW chapter, but still..."yeow!" for travel time. Hmm....any takers from around idaho or the northwest for a mini Fest? (PoA will just have to wait :frown: ) Hmm...

>Adam

ukfozzie

Reaction score
Muppetfest

Hi there - I've been reading about the Muppetfest fan convention a couple of years back - it sounded fantastic and am v sad I missed it - are there any plans for another? R.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
None, really.

JHC will respond that they're working on planning the plans, but that only means that they have had a MFest and there could be a slim possibility for one in the future, but not necessarily going to happen.

FOZ

PS
Did you read the articles at MC about MuppetFest?? Great photos collected there.

Status
Not open for further replies.