MuppetFest 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
new york would be hot. it's two hours my southwestern travel. one good thing about CT, though NOTHING good happens here, we're not far from the action. NY seems like a great setting since jim henson died there and that's where one of the muppets movies was. maybe they should have one in NY in may of 2005, ya'll catch my drift. it's a double anniversary, kinda crazy :crazy: i dunno, what do you guys think?
:zany:

ukfozzie

Reaction score
Muppetfest

Hey thanks for that - I've been reading about the last MF on the site and it looked beyond fantastic - some of the exhibits remind me of a travelling exhibiton that went round the UK some years back - I think it took up permanent residence at the Museum of Moving Image in London (which has now sadly closed) - I remember seeing puppets from the Dark Cyrstal along with the stars of Sesame Street - in fact when SS came to the UK my mum was an educational consultant on the first series - she helped the American producers understand the British education system.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Oh, cool!

You have a history with SS!

The room wasn't very huge, but large enough; and the displays were really neat; had it been 3 or more rooms that would have been cool, too! I tried to get the local BIG museum to bring the Vision of JH down to Memphis, and they said they put it in the list of possibilities.

skeeter513

Reaction score
always hoping...

Luke said:
It's probably best for people not to get their hopes up too much.

It's sad that so many of the chat threads end with a "let's not get our hopes up." Although usually they are for a good reason. :sympathy:

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
I agree: 2005 seems more likely. Probably late. By then, there'll most surely be a new film (either completed or in production), possibly another series (hopefully) and perhaps some other projects. Of course, this is all my opinion.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend Muppetfest. I really do hope that there will be a second one. But, of course, there is no sense in holding one if nothing much is going on muppet-wise.

I'm sure that there will be a second convention. The only question is when that will be.

beaker

Reaction score
Well we all know for certain there will be a next MF in 2005...the big question is will there be one before New Years in 2004? I remember when strong word indicated a March 2003 MF...errr, that didnt quite happen. I had predicted 2004 NYC...but now that JHC is moving shop to CA(so I read) it seems like it will be held in CA again. Wherever its held, I can bet all of us will try our best to get there, as it truly is one of the most remarkable things ever.

Luke

Reaction score
beaker said:
Well we all know for certain there will be a next MF in 2005...
Sorry to blow your hopes but it definitely is NOT certain there will be a MF in 2005. There hasn't been anything mentioned about another one being held in ages so although people are pretty much agreed it's the most likely time that doesn't mean it will happen or is even in the works right now.

TravelTravel

Reaction score
Perhaps a 5-year interval?

One of the things I observed at MuppetFest was how much the cast and crew enjoyed seeing people they had not seen for a long time. I imagine for them it felt like a class reunion. Perhaps there are marketing and business reasons that will dictate when the next MuppetFest is scheduled, but from the standpoint of the participants, an interval of five years between "reunions" might help them maintain enthusiasm for the event.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hey, TravelTravel! Long time no post!!

I think IF it happens it'll be the 50th Anniversary of the JHC/Muppets. I also expect we'll hear more about it as that time approches earlier than we heard about the last one, which I think was last-minute planned for the 25th anniversary of TMS.

Best thing to do is just wait and not worry or wonder, because you can bet your bippy they'll let us know!
------------
And at the same time that they enjoyed seeing each other and kept mentioning how excited they were to meet the fans, I wonder if they felt the love from us?? They've all done such great things to inspire our lives and help us project such positive energy from our own lives.

Luke

Reaction score
From what i've heard (not sure exactly how much i can say) it doesn't look like there is going to be another Muppetfest right now ..... there are however initial talks and plans about doing something MUCH cooler regarding Muppet events - nothing definite right now but if it happens it's gonna blow your mind. Stay tuned !

Status
Not open for further replies.