MuppetFest: Discuss Original and Your Dreams

unclematt

Reaction score
I am not complaining and really find it shocking that so many people are.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Ruahnna said:
If you watch the original shows and movies--TMS, any season, or TMM or TGMC or TMTM--it is perfectly obvious on stage and off that there is more going on here than just Piggy hankering after Kermit. His jealous fits, his admiring looks at her, the way they banter back and forth about when and where they are going out--not whether--are all part of what made it funny for Kermit to deny their relationship, or at least the seriousness of it.
Unrequieted love. All of that is why it's funny.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
When Kermit has a fit because she's planted rumors that she's snuggling with Avery? That was the relieved reaction of a man who can't wait to get rid of a woman?
When he tells her that she looks very elegant in her high heels? Or sneaks a peak inside the mermaid suit?
Or kisses her backstage in IAVMMC?
Wow--and all these years of being married I was assuming that those were signs of actual interest in someone. Go figure.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I asked the opinion of a friend of mine and my personal definition of unrequietd love isn't correct. Charlie Brown and the Red Haired Girl is unrequieted love. He knows and loves her, she has no clue.

Kermit and Piggy? He's a player. He shows his interest, but doesn't want to follow through (my buddy's opinion). So, being a 'player,' which I thought since he doesn't necessarily SAY he's interested, I considered unrequieted; but, my buddy says I'm wrong.

Still, it is my personal opinion that to NOT be unrequieted he needs to be a bit more favorable of a relationship than not. I don't think the bickering would be as funny if they were an 'official' item. But, that's just my opinion. :smile:

Maybe there'll be another MuppetFest of some sort that Piggy and Kermit can attend and let us know for sure, eh?

(See, how I'm segue-waying this back onto topic?) :crazy:

unclematt

Reaction score
I would love to see Kermit and Priggy at a new MuppetFest. (see how I am helping to segue back onto the topic)

Kiki

Reaction score
Erm, I don't mean to sound demanding in any way but... is there any news on the new Muppetfest? Where it'll be hold, what year, whether it will it actually happen?? Ooh I hope so!! :wink:

Luke

Reaction score
Kiki said:
Erm, I don't mean to sound demanding in any way but... is there any news on the new Muppetfest? Where it'll be hold, what year, whether it will it actually happen?? Ooh I hope so!! :wink:
There is no new Muppetfest. Creation Entertainment organized Muppetfest on behalf of the Henson's but obviously they've sold the Muppets since. As to whether Disney or anyone else organizes anything at any time, there's no news of anything yet.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Luke said:
There is no new Muppetfest. Creation Entertainment organized Muppetfest on behalf of the Henson's but obviously they've sold the Muppets since. As to whether Disney or anyone else organizes anything at any time, there's no news of anything yet.
Sad, but true. I missed the first MuppetFest, and MuppetFest won't happen again. I am lucky enough to have met MC people in real life, since, but nothing on a MupeptFest scale.

unclematt

Reaction score
We can work at it and remember there is still a part two to the big announcement. Maybe it is anpther Muppet convention

Kiki

Reaction score
Ooh, that would be cool! But I'm not gonna get my hopes up. Plus, I live in Australia, so going to Muppetfest, which is obviously in the US is a bit dicey (however, Muppeteers do visit Melbourne -where I live- a fair bit. Kevin's been here 3 times including this year!).
Yeah, I remember a Muppeteer saying in his book about the first and last Muppetfest. :frown: Oh well. :smirk: