Muppets.com relaunches with Disney XD

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hey It's getting close to Monday i hope we get some cool updates on Monday!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So... How the heck do I get in to see everything Muppetational at ww.muppets.com? After typing that URL in my browser window, I get two links to Disney's Guest Services. The first link has a ton of buttons and no other link to click on. Would like it better if the new official online home of our Muppets was easier to access.

Luke

Reaction score
I think its probably a nightmare with a screen reader Count - we ought to make Disney XD aware that we have a lot of Muppet fans who have disabilities who may struggle with this. It is a very important issue.

The way it works for me. I type Muppets.com and you wait for it to load into the main Disney page. Then there is a top bar at the very top with options and a search box - ignore that. Directly under is another bar with a top and bottom layer - the top layer has "choose a channel" - directly under that to the right on the bottom layer is a button marked "more". If you click more it will reveal a large box with the channels. You need to click the Muppets Stage channel which is third from left.

They have also now added a direct link to the Muppets channel from that Disney home page. It is directly under the "This Week In DXD" and says "Visit The Muppets Stage".

Hope that helps

Luke

Reaction score
By the way the site has been updated early today, and we have a new opening video - the return of, the greatest fan favourite ever - TUTU PEPE ! Also a new Elevator Video - Fozzie with PENGUINS! You'll also find a new Animal video, a new video opening to Kermits channel with Gonzo.

Fantastic, Absolutely Fantastic!

beaker

Reaction score
By the way the site has been updated early today, and we have a new opening video - the return of, the greatest fan favourite ever - TUTU PEPE ! Also a new Elevator Video - Fozzie with PENGUINS! You'll also find a new Animal video, a new video opening to Kermits channel with Gonzo.

Fantastic, Absolutely Fantastic!
Im absolutely loving the elevator clips. Id love to see what new locations they come up with. So far my favorite is the Elevator w/ Beaker, Chef and Animal; Break Room with Kermit, Gonzo and Fozzie; and the Fozzie/Kermit/Penguin elevator. So random:smile:

Not including the French Muppet Show, last time we had the main Muppet gang doing sketches was the 2004 "The Muppet Spotlight"
TMZ/Entertainment Tonight/Access Hollywood spoof.

I kind of miss From the Balcony, but luckily we've had plenty of Puppet Up to satisfy online Muppet sketches til this launched.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Luke. Here's a copy of what I get when I type muppets.com into my browser window.

Disney Online
guestservices/blank
guestservices/blank

The first of these takes me to the page with the Flash Movie and loads of buttons which navigates sluggishly due to the Flash Movie and also gets me some sort of live Disney broadcast.
The second just takes me to extra Disney international links.

Any further solutions?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This really is some great stuff! i can't believe that we got two updates in one week though? I thought we where getting them once a week, not that i don't mind i just don't want them to run out of stuff!

Luke

Reaction score
The first of these takes me to the page with the Flash Movie and loads of buttons which navigates sluggishly due to the Flash Movie and also gets me some sort of live Disney broadcast.
It's the first one i think. Yes a video should start playing about High School Musical in the background. You need the more button towards the top. It reveals a channel list which you pick Muppets from.

You might also try this direct link to Muppets, though it may just direct to the same page for you, but its worth a try :-

http://disney.go.com/dxd/index.html?channel=102451

Jack Rennon

Reaction score
It was so good to see those guys doing stuff again. It feels like they're just sort of waiting for a chance to get back out there performing!

Luke

Reaction score
Not including the French Muppet Show, last time we had the main Muppet gang doing sketches was the 2004 "The Muppet Spotlight"
TMZ/Entertainment Tonight/Access Hollywood spoof.
I think a Muppet sketch show would work well - no hosts, no TV studio or theatre setting. Just lots of cool sketches cut together. They are showing just how much they can do with the Muppets, just puppeteering to a CGI background - the writing and puppeteering shows they've been really motivated and come up with loads of cool situations and ideas. I couldn't believe it when i saw they'd brought out Tutu Pepe, and all the Rats. It's just such a great platform for them to reach the kids as well as us old school fans.