Muppets Oz Airdate: Friday May 20

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
50 days to go!

I spoke too soon. I was just announced that the plan was changed to have a Friday debut and a date has just been set. Here are all the details.

---
Source: The GelflingWaldo Files

Mark your calendars! Set your VCRs! Program your TiVo! Because the "Muppets Wizard of Oz" television air-date has officially been set. The Muppet Holding Company press contact alerted me this morning that "the Muppets Wizard of Oz" will on Friday, May 20, 2005 at 8:00pm EST on ABC. The decision to sway away from the traditional Saturday night “Wonderful World of Disney” movie programming block was made in hope to get a larger, and more diverse viewing audience. Hopefully the Friday night debut will be able to not only pull in the ratings, but also delight millions of people. The premiere should be an uplifting and moving experience for Muppet fans, as that Monday (May 16) marks the 15th anniversary of the death of Jim Henson.

I was also told that more information (details of international airings, the home video and DVD releases, additional airings on other dates and channels, and promotion plans) will be available later next week. I’ll keep in contact with the Muppet Holding Company and will keep you all posted as soon as everything is set.

The debut is only 50 days away, and I know everyone has been eagerly waiting any news that they can use to help support the film in being a success. So now be sure to get everyone you know (and even those you don’t know) to watch ABC on May 20th at 8:00pm. It will be a fun event that the whole family will enjoy. So start your countdowns, and prepare yourself – The Muppets Wizard of Oz will soon be here! I’ll keep you posted as more details are avalible.

---

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
muppetsforlife said:
I've been trying to research it myself online. The only thing I found is a tentative date for May 20th from 8-10. QUOTE]

That's one point for "muppetsforlife." :smile:

T-Bird Chick

Reaction score
Omg

I HAVE GOTTA WATCH IT I AM GONNA BE BOUNCIN OFF THE WALLS AND GOING NUTS BUT THE BAD PART IS THAT IT IS ON MY FRIENDS BIRTHDAY I HOPE SHE DOESNT HAVE HER PARTY RIGHT ON THAT SAME DAY
:embarrassed: :smirk:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
WOW!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWSOMEW!!!! :smile: I'm GONNA ASK FOR THE DAY OFF FROM WORK TONIGHT!!!! :excited: *talks to self: may 20, may 20 may 20)

Beauregard

Reaction score
OMG! OMG! (G is for Gosh, BTW)

Now, the thing is. As SOON as people have finished watching it. Spring onto the board. Start a thread marked: SPOILERS and spoil. Please, please, spoil. Hold nothing back from us poor havn't-seen people. We wana know ALL!

Bea:zany:{Mwoo. Can't wait! Mwoo, Mwoo! The rest are only moos.}regard

christyb

Reaction score
I can't wait. Oh no! I'm moving then. Please people spoil it for me. I can't wait for MWoO (no I'm sounding like a cow.)

Beauregard

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
How do you know this? I think thats a lie I would LIKE to see proof. Okay?:rolleyes:
You have something to say, Barry?

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Interesting..I got IVMMCM on tape in its original airing, I guess I have to get this one too...even though Ashanti is Dorothy...and Tarintino is in it... :attitude:

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
YES!!!! I can't wait!!!! The bad part is I have school that night until 8:30. Hopefully we will get out early or I will sneak out early. I can't skip cause its the first day of class. I was out at the Disney store today and stood around waiting to see if they would play the preview. I stood there what seemed like forever but it finally showed. I think it looks awesome!!!!! And I already know I will buy the DVD when it comes out!!!!!! :smile:

Whatever

Reaction score
Yay, I can't wait! It's about time an air date was set!
Muppetsforlife, it at 8 EST, so I think that is 9 in Illinois time.