Muppets Oz Airdate: Friday May 20

Randlev

Reaction score
Good News from the Disney front. I hope this hasn't been brought up anywhere else, but take a gander at the abc Oz site, the bottom right corner has the abcHD logo, which means that Muppet Wizard of Oz will be broadcast on HD channels in High Definition Widescreen!!!! That means that when the DVD comes around, it will hopefully be widescreen, too! Everyone can surely recall how it was disappointing that IAVMMCM was only released in fullscreen. Well, Oz has been filmed in Widescreen! Wooohoooo!

evidence found here...
http://abc.go.com/movies/muppets.html

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
i can't wait for the muppets wizard of oz and i will record the movie in my vcr. Oh! one more thing the cast of the muppets wizard of oz will have some outtakes in the movie or in the end of the movie.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Randlev said:
Good News from the Disney front. I hope this hasn't been brought up anywhere else, but take a gander at the abc Oz site, the bottom right corner has the abcHD logo, which means that Muppet Wizard of Oz will be broadcast on HD channels in High Definition Widescreen!!!! That means that when the DVD comes around, it will hopefully be widescreen, too! Everyone can surely recall how it was disappointing that IAVMMCM was only released in fullscreen. Well, Oz has been filmed in Widescreen! Wooohoooo!

evidence found here...
http://abc.go.com/movies/muppets.html

Aw man, that's so cool for all you HD'ers out there! I'll just have to wait for DVD to see it in all it's widescreen glory.

Can't wait! :excited:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Yep pretty much. YEAAAAA!! Time for a wonderful WEEK TO COME ALONG!!

Beauregard

Reaction score
7 days to goooooooo!

Or three months, dependign how you look at it...

Ziffel

Reaction score
I see in the new issue of "TV Guide" they have a little review of this movie in their "Hits&Misses" section. It says:

"'Oz' without 'Over the Rainbow'? What's next, Miss Piggy as Scarlett O'Hara? The Muppet Mae West plays multiple roles here: all four witches. Kermit is a fine Scarecrow; Queen Latifah's a feisty Auntie Em. And Pepe the King Prawn is a crustacean Toto. Ashanti plays Dorothy as a would-be diva - the twister is her ticket out of Kansas. This "Wonderful World of Disney" presentation has the winking sophistication we expect from the Muppets, but nothing like the impact of the original. MY SCORE: 6"

Well obviously it won't be as good as the original Oz, seeing as how that is one of the best movies ever made. Should be a fun movie. The magic of The Wizard of Oz themes combined with the magic of Disney combined with the magic of The Muppets! And interesting that Miss Piggy plays all FOUR witches. There was just 3 in the original, the South being left out. Since the North was a good witch and the West and East were bad, I guess the witch of the South will be a good one in this movie. But on Thursday morning, May 19th I am having my wisdom teeth extracted so not sure if I'll quite feel up to watching this movie on the 20th at 8pm! If not, I'll tape it and watch it at a later time, of course.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I'm all excited and already! :zany: I got a friend coming over and she just told me she made some rice crispy treats! Oh Boy! I'm all set up, with junk and healthy food, got a veggie plater as well. Were gonna play a little Muppet Party Cruise before the movie. :smile:

Enjoy the movie everyone! :big_grin: