Muppets Oz Soundtrack and DVD

Erine81981

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
This CD marks the first commercial release of Muppet media since Disney acquired the Muppets last year. The Muppet’s Holding Company hopes that the success of this CD will allow them to justify more collections, re-releases, and new recordings featuring Muppet music.This collection was not only created to supply fans with the tunes from “The Muppets’ Wizard of Oz”, but it also allows Disney to share some of the Muppets’ most memorable (and marketable) songs from the past. By including such hits from the Muppets’ catalog, Disney hopes the release will attract past fans, casual fans, and new fans alike. Many hard-core fans are disappointed that eight out of the nine “classics” also appeared on a 2002 CD compilation, “The Muppet Show: Music, Mayhem and More”; Disney states that the success of this album would allow them to dig into the Muppet music archives and release more treasures in the future. They are trying to get the largest amount of buyers by releasing the most popular songs on this release - their first release. If they see people are interested in Muppet music, then they will continue to release more and more Muppet music.
Thanks for hearing me out and I'm sorry I made a big deal about it. Thanks for the info Waldo.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I spy two songs in Oz by the EM band. Needless to say, I cheered a little as I read that!!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I just this minute got this back from MB Disney Info Mailbox [disneyinfo@disneyhelp.com]

Kevin,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding MUPPETS: WIZARD OF OZ. We appreciate your interest.

A DVD release has not been scheduled at this time.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Regards,

WDHE Consumer Relations
US and Canada

christyb

Reaction score
You're kidding me. I'm hoping that whoever responded to you has no idea what they are talking about.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I talked with the Muppet Holding Co. and the DVD release has not been added to the Disney release calendar yet, so customer service reps and other parts of the Disney company don't really know about it "officially". They are working on getting it on the listing of upcoming releases, but it is coming, the Disney Info Mailbox folks are just a little behind this breaking news. Don't worry about this, it is coming on August 9.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I was just informing Greg what they said there, no knocks at him.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Guys you won't believe this but I just got an email of whats going to be on the DVD features. Heres what they wrote.

Kyle,
Thank you for your e-mail regarding THE MUPPETS: WIZARD OF OZ. We
appreciate your interest.

THE MUPPETS: WIZARD OF OZ, tentatively scheduled for release 05/15/05,
will include the following bonus features:

Making-Of Featurette -- Featuring Pepe
"Somewhere Over the Rainbow" Music Video Starring Ashanti
Outtakes and Bloopers
Extended Ending

Regards,

WDHE Consumer Relations
US and Canada
And thats what I just got.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
hey guys,

I just got this one around 6:20 ish....

Stevie,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding The Muppets. We appreciate your interest. At
this time we do not have any dates scheduled for a DVD release of The Muppets:
Wizard Of Oz. We also do not have a release date for The Muppet Movie at this
time.

Please visit our website at

www.disneyvideos.com

for further details.

Regards,

WDHE Consumer Relations
US and Canada

christyb

Reaction score
No, yes, no, yes, no. I love it.:smile: It's enought to throughly confuse a person. But I like Kyle's email up there the best :big_grin:.