Muppets Oz Soundtrack and DVD

Beauregard

Reaction score
Halfway down the stairs with Kermit the Frog AND Robin Frog? What is that about?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Halfway down the stairs with Kermit the Frog AND Robin Frog? What is that about?
The track might include the introduction from the show which has Kermit in it, Kermit might not be singinig but he may be in the track somewhere. It may have been a typo. Or maybe it's even a new recording.

christyb

Reaction score
Thanks for the song list. However, I'm wondering....Why the same tracks as the 25th Anniversary CD?? I was hoping for some different ones, but like everyone else I'll more than likely buy it.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
christyb said:
Thanks for the song list. However, I'm wondering....Why the same tracks as the 25th Anniversary CD?? I was hoping for some different ones, but like everyone else I'll more than likely buy it.
The 5 songs from Oz and Halfway down the Stairs are new to CD. I think they are going for a differant audiance, they figure the hard-core fans will buy it for the 6 new songs and they can get casual fans by including the hits.

christyb

Reaction score
Me too. I guess, I was wanting some of the lesser known songs to be on this CD. But I understand.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Whoa! Dr. Teeth and Co. are doing songs for Muppet Wizard of Oz?!!? How can it be bad! :big_grin: :sing: :cool:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I'll get it but why old songs. Why not other Muppet show songs? You know they need to put more of the other songs that have never been out on cd before. I hate when they put same songs out that have been out since the 70' on up. Its not fun when you get something and get others you have heard so many times. I will love the new songs but then I have to put up with having the same songs that I have on, CD, cassettee and records. Sorry to grip at this but every muppet fan know what they want and not want. And we want more other Muppet Songs from speicals. Why not "Frog Prince, Hey Cindereall and Muppet of Breman? I hope I didn't make others mad about me rabbling on and on about how this isn't what I wanted to see but Thanks for the info GelflingWaldo.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
This CD marks the first commercial release of Muppet media since Disney acquired the Muppets last year. The Muppet’s Holding Company hopes that the success of this CD will allow them to justify more collections, re-releases, and new recordings featuring Muppet music.This collection was not only created to supply fans with the tunes from “The Muppets’ Wizard of Oz”, but it also allows Disney to share some of the Muppets’ most memorable (and marketable) songs from the past. By including such hits from the Muppets’ catalog, Disney hopes the release will attract past fans, casual fans, and new fans alike. Many hard-core fans are disappointed that eight out of the nine “classics” also appeared on a 2002 CD compilation, “The Muppet Show: Music, Mayhem and More”; Disney states that the success of this album would allow them to dig into the Muppet music archives and release more treasures in the future. They are trying to get the largest amount of buyers by releasing the most popular songs on this release - their first release. If they see people are interested in Muppet music, then they will continue to release more and more Muppet music.