Muppets References in Daily Life!

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Ha ha- that is awesome that both you and your mom go right into the Pinball Number Count with no hesitation.:smile:

As for my Muppet reference in daily life- I just ran across a pretty cool band today called "Carolina Story" (www.carolinastory.com)
and I thought they were pretty awesome because their new album is called "When The River Met The Sea"!
I figured it must be a reference to "Emmett Otter's Jug-Band Christmas". Cool!:smile:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I just love that Christmas special- and especially "When The River Meets The Sea"- Paul Williams did a great job with that song. I don't know if it's what he intended, but I can't help but think of spiritual matters when I hear the song and it makes me think of that future meeting with The Lord in Heaven one day.:smile:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
At church Sunday evening, a friend of mine referred to two older guys as Statler and Waldorf! (I was quite excited for the random Muppets reference- and I was also querying to see which one was more like Statler and which more like Waldorf- it was funny though because I could totally see what my friend was saying. LOL):boo::sleep::smile:

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Recently, I went to see a production of "The Jungle Book" and I quoted the Muppets after one of the musical numbers, "Cute, cute number":wink:

dwmckim

Reaction score
I do this so frequently it's hard for me to think of examples because to me they're so commonplace. But there is one incident from several years back that sticks out in my mind just because the situation was SO perfect and there was no one around to get the reference...

I'm at a coffeeshop with a group of friends - very busy place so we're standing in line looking at the various goodies under glass. Even though none of this group were Muppet fans (at least not enough to "get it") when i looked at the various menu items and saw the bowl for canolis empty, i couldn't help but say aloud, "Sal, there are no canolis here."

Another similar incident that sticks out in my mind...the first time i went to Burger King and saw their mini burgers on the menu, i just had to ask myself aloud in my best Grover voice, "Do you want the big hamburger or the little hamburger?"

Finally though, here's an obscure Muppet reference that someone else *did* get and became an inside joke between us... some of you may know one of my all time fave Sesame sketches is "2, 3, 4 Art Gallery" (with Biff in the museum put in charge of matching the numeric painting titles with the pictures of splotches). I love it so much just because the ending is SO perfect with a masterfully delivered punch line after a brilliant set-up followed immediately by Salvador Dada breaking into a hysterical random dance with the mute security guard as Biff is left muttering to himself, "Chicken soup? What is this? Oh no..." One of my fellow Muppet Freaks from my senior year of high school eventually developed this habit where when we saw something odd that left us bewildered, we'd mutter, "Chicken soup? What is this?"

And of course, thanks to Farscape, though i never use standard fowl language, Frell and Dren have become regular parts of my vocabulary and whenever i am counting time without the aid of a watch, i inevitably am doomed to do so by counting "One Mippippippi, Tow Mippippippi..."

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
One of my fellow Muppet Freaks from my senior year of high school
You have fellow Muppet Freak friends? (Outside of on here, I mean...)

In the past few weeks I have used Scooter's "Even when you know what it is, you don't know what it is," line twice, both times involving song lyrics:

The first time, one of my friends and I were competing in a "Misheard Lyrics" game, and one of the misheard lyrics was a line from the song "Louie, Louie", which is famous for having lyrics that very few people know.

The second time, I was watching The Singing Bee, and they were on the "Karaoke Challenge" part, in which a song's lyrics would be on the screen with a few words missing. The song that one contestant got was "Bennie and the Jets". (And I probably would have gotten the chorus, but the contestant didn't even get the title right.)

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
When I was in 5th grade we were taking a spelling test and for that particular test my teacher decided to start reading the number of the word we were on like he was The Count, voice included. In my head I can still hear him saying, "Twenty-one... Ah-ha-ha!"

Katzi428

Reaction score
One of my friends from another forum posted on a board that she saw a bear in her backyard!:eek: So another one of my friends remarked "Maybe he was looking for his Studebaker." I sat here cracking up! :big_grin: because I didn't know that they had seen TMM (The Muppet Movie) So I posted back to the one that posted about the Studebaker "Great Muppet Movie reference!" The one that had the bear in her yard posted "Yeah Kathy..to quote Fozzie Bear : "Ahh.. a bear in his natural habitat..a Studebaker!"

Slackbot

Reaction score
There is a band called Gonzo's Nose. OK, probably this is nothing new here, but... still. Whoa.

My Rocky Horror cast used to perform musical numbers before the show. One Halloween we did both "The Batty Bat" and "Rubber Duckie." It did my heart good to hear peopole singing along to Sesame Street songs.

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Fun Muppet Musical References lol!:

In my chrous class, back in 5th garde, one of the songs that we were supposed to sing was "Movin' Right Along"; We've practied it onced, but it was cut for the spring concert :frown:

In my orchestra class, last school year, we were practicing "Swan Lake" just for the **** of it...XD And, before the performance, my symphony orchestra teacher had mentioned about "Swine Lake" form the Muppet Show...that made my day <3 And, also in the same ole orchestra class in the beginnig of that year, I've got my own personal folder w/ sheet music (since I have'd started High School that year), and the "Muppet Show" theme was in there, and it was one of the first pieces we'd played that year...<333

Muppets are timeless <33