Muppets References in Daily Life!

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
There were several made during our recent trip to the puppetry museum and Disney World, but here's one of the few I still remember:

My parents and I are in the car with my iPod playing

iPod:
*audio from the "awkward silence" moment in Great Muppet Caper*

My Mom: Okay, that's disturbing...

My Dad: *makes inappropriate comment about Janice*

Me: groan and facepalm* It doesn't matter how incredibly attractive she is, she's still a Muppet!

Hehe, looks like I should take my own advice sometimes. :embarrassed:

Katzi428

Reaction score
I kept forgetting to post this!
But NOW I'm posting it:
There was one episode where Kermit said something sarcastic to Fozzie & he(Fozzie) said,"Very funny,smarty frog"
Well..that seemed to be one of my dad's favorite comments when me (or one of my siblings) were goofing around with him. Even my mom used it every so often!:smile:
I called my niece that earlier when she was being goofy about something. (I had to explain where it was from.She knew who Kermit & Fozzie were (thank goodness!) but I don't think she ever saw The Muppet Show)

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I always say "cute. Cute *insert whatever here*"

A few days ago, me and my dad were talking about how much I hate Pink Floyd. And then suddently I say "But theres a Floyd whos pink that I do like." it took a moment for my dad to get what I meant by that. And then he followed with a really really bad impression...

Hubert

Reaction score
This is a really great thread I thought deserved being bumped back up.
"I brought the paper towels"- Lew Zealand in "The Great Muppet Caper"
I used that quote once, however no one got it, as none were huge Muppet fans.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
"What color are their hands now?" (usually when we're clueless about something, or we see a news story of a stupid crook)

"I can only take you as far as the lobby." (said usually whenever there's a hairy moment in traffic)

Hubert

Reaction score
Once, in 8th grade, we had a class theme day at school, where each class chose a theme to dress up as. My class chose comic book superheroes. When we were telling our teacher who we'd be (so there'd be no duplicates), my teacher knew I'd end up trying to be a Muppet anyway, so he told me I could be any Muppet since they had had some comic books in the past. So I chose and dressed up as the Swedish Chef. :hungry:

Also on the subject of school, one year we had a teacher who had a word of the day book, so every day we learned a new word and each person was to write and share a sentence using that word. I wrote a Muppet-related sentence every time, which made the teacher excited to hear my sentence each day.

I know I have more, just have to think of them.

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
Well, today, during some downtime in class I rapped "Let's Talk About Me." from the recent muppet movie, people thought it was cool (I only rapped the first part.) I then told them it was from the recent Muppet movie and with her "Overide key." (School blocking system I'll tell ya! They even BLOCKED MC!:eek:) the teacher looked it up on Youtube!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
What kind of silly interwebs policy blocks MC???

:concern: Might have something to do with a certain Xmas story.

Quiet, you.

My brother and I have so many injokes it's ridiculous. One of them was, whenever we saw something happening which we thought was significant in some way, we'd both break into a Chamberlain impression: "MmmmMMMMmmm..."

----------------