1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Muppets resurgence at Disney's California Adventure

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Feb 4, 2004.

?

Should Henson get more involved with Disney?

Poll closed May 4, 2004.
  1. Yes, now is the perfect time

25 vote(s)
    28.7%
  2. Maybe, if it's their best or only option

37 vote(s)
    42.5%
  3. No, Henson should stay away at all costs

25 vote(s)
    28.7%

1. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Agreed.

But I think the Muppets are missing out. They would be a great fit in the "Comcast Disney" empire. ;)

2. zootsuit

zootsuit New Member

:) ha ha. Gee I hope not :o

3. Bean Bunny

Bean Bunny New Member

4. zootsuit

zootsuit New Member

5. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

The former AOL Time Warner doesn't need to buy Disney. They're both identical. They both have movie studios, networks, etc. That's just getting two media giants at the price of one.

But I don't think it's serious, Time Warner has its own problems. And they already house Bugs Bunny, Scooby-Doo, and Tom and Jerry. But Mickey and Kermit under the same roof would be cool.

Wait, didn't someone buy Henson last year?

6. Wayne

Wayne New Member

Would do you think about Pixar & Henson being together than Disney
    I think this would be a cool combo

7. Bean Bunny

Bean Bunny New Member

That would be cool, but Pixar is now considering buying Disney as well as Microsoft.

8. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Good grief. They're the world's second-largest media company and they have to go through this.

I like the name The Walt Disney Company, but if Comcast succeeds they better darn well rename themselves Comcast Disney.

9. The Storyteller

The Storyteller New Member

UH, Time Warner, Viacom, News Corp., NBC Universal, Sony(They own Game Show Network, Muppet's Hollywood Squares! :crazy: ) BBC, Corus Enter.

10. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

:rolleyes: Well played, God.

11. ekuska

ekuska New Member

not one bit...!

Its too bad 'Eisner' is the key word here. I personally think its an effort to win back some shareholder support. This courting is not out of love, its just a lousy boyfriend scratching at the door again.

It doesnt seem like Henson's is in the financial place to create their own projects without a big backer like Disney. So Im sure it makes for an interesting proposition, but lets face it,, Eisner's Disney is looking for a female dog, and not a partner. They have lost Pixar, who was always way way WAY out of their league, and I think Henson has that potential as well.. A Pixar/Henson combo completely opens the imagination, a Disney/Henson makes me cringe.

I've watched the cashing in of theatrical animation by Disney execs and now that the industry is on its deathbed, they are looking for a new 'host' to exploit. Im sure these were all part of Jim's original hesitations to signing with the mouse,, I only hope for the best for the muppets, I really do.

Good luck guys :concern: :concern: :eek:

12. Green Ranger

Green Ranger New Member

Listen to this guy. He knows what he's talking about. Or so I hear... :cool:

13. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

This is a cool thread, considering that a few days later Disney bought the Muppets...

14. dmx10101

dmx10101 Member

what about Muppets resurgence at Disney's Florida Adventure?

15. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

That's a given.

16. Bean Bunny

Bean Bunny New Member

Yes, the head of Disney parks reported that Muppets will be appearing more in the near future at the Walt Disney World Resort and it's sister park.

Screamscape has a link to the interview. He doesn't say much though, it the Muppets are coming. The rest of the interview is about the new Buzz Lightyear ride coming to Disneyland and something called Virtual Magic Kingdom, which sounds like a Hug Multiple Player Online RPG.

17. dmx10101

dmx10101 Member

Hmmm, Sounds like some interesting new things are coming.