Muppets resurgence at Disney's California Adventure

Should Henson get more involved with Disney?

• Yes, now is the perfect time

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Maybe, if it's their best or only option

Votes: 37 42.5%
  • No, Henson should stay away at all costs

Votes: 25 28.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Agreed.

But I think the Muppets are missing out. They would be a great fit in the "Comcast Disney" empire. :wink:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
The former AOL Time Warner doesn't need to buy Disney. They're both identical. They both have movie studios, networks, etc. That's just getting two media giants at the price of one.

But I don't think it's serious, Time Warner has its own problems. And they already house Bugs Bunny, Scooby-Doo, and Tom and Jerry. But Mickey and Kermit under the same roof would be cool.

Wait, didn't someone buy Henson last year?

Wayne

Reaction score
Would do you think about Pixar & Henson being together than Disney
I think this would be a cool combo

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Wayne said:
Would do you think about Pixar & Henson being together than Disney
I think this would be a cool combo
That would be cool, but Pixar is now considering buying Disney as well as Microsoft.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Good grief. They're the world's second-largest media company and they have to go through this.

I like the name The Walt Disney Company, but if Comcast succeeds they better darn well rename themselves Comcast Disney.

The Storyteller

Reaction score
jzion12345 said:
AMEN! The Muppets, and the Jim Henson Company in general, needs one single outlet for their TV programming and movies. Disney is perfect. Since Pixar is not under the Disney umbrella anymore, I think Henson is a perfect replacement. Personally, I think Pixar is making a huge mistake by not continuing with the juggernaut that is Disney promotions. Look at what it got them: Big Box Office returns, promotional deals such as Disney on Ice, Disney Store, Disney Channel, ABC, Video Games, etc...Where else are you going to find that kind of a juggernaut that has a fan base that will buy anything Disney? Nowhere. Henson is walking into a great situation. I think they'll recover and make lots of money off of this.
UH, Time Warner, Viacom, News Corp., NBC Universal, Sony(They own Game Show Network, Muppet's Hollywood Squares! :crazy: ) BBC, Corus Enter.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
BoyRaisin2 said:
Though we know it will all be for nought. There'll be speculation on the boards, thinking D and H will work together again and have some big partnership (which will never happen), then it'll die down and be followed by months of silence. It's just another vicious cycle in the multi-year Disney-Henson saga.
:rolleyes: Well played, God.