Muppets Season 1 releases Aug 9, 2005

Erine81981

Reaction score
I know that were talking about the Muppet Show here but I've seen a new DVD of Sesame Street that has the episodes of Herricane and that has Kermit in it. And they have left Kermit in it. So thats cool to see.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Where'd you find that DVD? I need that one! I had it taped off TV, but would love the clarity of the DVD.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Was the Hurricane episode just released? I didn't think that it would be released this week.

Can you tell me how the video/ DVD release was edited? were there sketches on there? were any complete non-insert scenes edited (I guess the "welcome to sesame street" part and the "sesame street was brought to you by..." parts were edited)?

Erine81981

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Where'd you find that DVD? I need that one! I had it taped off TV, but would love the clarity of the DVD.
I saw it at Walmart.

minor muppetz said:
Was the Hurricane episode just released? I didn't think that it would be released this week.

Can you tell me how the video/ DVD release was edited? were there sketches on there? were any complete non-insert scenes edited (I guess the "welcome to sesame street" part and the "sesame street was brought to you by..." parts were edited)?
Now I haven't got it yet. Sorry I just know that Kermit's in it becase it shows Steve Whitmare's name on the back. Now I could be wrong but I know that Kermit has to be in it. Yea yea you think just becase you I say so and that it has SW name on the back could be the he does Ernie but I'm just certain he will be. Sorry if you miss understood me. Please don't give your hopes up. Keep fingers cossed. I'll buy this next coming paycheak.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You're officially gonna get a spanking! (Just kidding.) If anybody's seen it for sure, send Phil a review of it!

In the meantime: Season One TMS DVD is ONLY $27.99 at Amazon.com:
Go to the homepage of www.muppetcentral.com and click the cover of the season set in the upper left hand corner and ORDER THIS BABY!!!

Ernie101

Reaction score
Umm..I have a quick question.

On the MC page explaining what all will be on the TMS:Season1 DVD.. At the bottom it has a wrap-up so to speak saying TMS(Special Edition). Are their two different editions? I know sometimes they release a regular and special edition of certain DVD's.

Sean Gaffney

Reaction score
I just got my copy (a store had it in early) and have watched the first 3 episodes. This is some nice stuff. Good picture and sound. I hadn't seen the Connie Stevens or Joel Grey eps in years, and it's great seeing them in their original form (yes, the JG ep has the added bit in the opening, unique to that episode).

The Muppet Morsels are very informative, though I must admit I could do without the splashy animated glitter introducing them.

So far, a great set!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
Now I haven't got it yet. Sorry I just know that Kermit's in it becase it shows Steve Whitmare's name on the back. Now I could be wrong but I know that Kermit has to be in it. Yea yea you think just becase you I say so and that it has SW name on the back could be the he does Ernie but I'm just certain he will be. Sorry if you miss understood me. Please don't give your hopes up. Keep fingers cossed. I'll buy this next coming paycheak.
I remember seeing these episodes when they were originally broadcast (althouhg I know that I missed part of part four and might have missed part of part five), but I don't recall Ernie being in the street plot of the hurricane episodes, and I don't think there were any other characters that he could have performed (I have heard that granny Bird was performed by Matt Vogel and voiced by Carroll Spinney, and I know that jerry nelson performed the wolf).

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Guys I got bad news :frown:

I've re-watched the episode with Vincent price because I found it a bit strange...And I now know why......

IT'S BEEN CUT!!!!!!!!

The closing number You've Got A Friend is missing. It goes from the Houses and directly to the goodnight.

Sean Gaffney

Reaction score
Hrm. I had noticed the Joel Grey ep was missing Wayne and Wanda and the Newsman, but thought this might be a one-off accident.

I wonder if the masters they used were incomplete?