Muppets series 1 review and pictures

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
They're heeeeerrrrrrre! The first series of the Muppets - Bunsen Honeydew, Dr. Teeth, Kermit and Miss Piggy - are hitting Electronics Boutique and Toys R Us stores all over the country. They're shipping from kbkids.com and ebgames.com, and so most folks that pre-ordered should have them in the next few days.

I reviewed Miss Piggy about a month ago, so I haven't re-reviewed here tonight. I did link to the review though, in case you were bad and hadn't read it. Miss Piggy was pretty darn nice, but how were the other three? Wow. They blew me out of the water, and were even better than Piggy. In fact, of the series, I think she's the weakest.

The level of detail on the sculpts and paint ops, particularly Honeydew and Dr. Teeth, is just amazing. They have great accessories, and most have great articulation as well. If Palisades can keep this up, they'll have a huge hit line on their hands.

Check out the complete review at the usual:
http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_INDEX.htm

And don't forget to enter this month's giveaway for a free 12" Sideshow Gwyllm from the Outer Limits!

Michael
MWC

Kedrick

Reaction score
Thanks for the Piggy review, Micheal. Though I want to point out that Miss P does indeed have waist articulation. You may have to work the joint a bit because mine was stiff, but she does twist side to side at the waist!

I LOVE THESE FIGURES!! :smile:

Clint

Foreignman

Reaction score
Hey, I feel chipped, errr... gipped, my Kermit mug doesn't have a chip in it... Now this brings up an interesting question, is it supposed to? In your review you gave credit to Palisades for the chip but I'm not sure that little bit of attention to detail was even supposed to be there. Does anyone know whether the chip comes with most mugs, or whether it was a happy defect on Michael Crawfor's mug?

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
My Kermit mug has no chip, either.

You can check out my review of Series 1 (including the Dr. Teeth repaint exclusive; Piggy exclusive will be added in the coing week) here at Muppet Central. Follow the link on the home page.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Frogboy needs help with the Frog

My Kermit has one of his leg joints slightly pushed out. It hinders his ability to stand on his own and I wanted to know if anyone could help me fix this. It really is nit-picky but I'd live on shakey ground (San Francisco) as it is and I'd like to be able to balance him without too much work. Is there some method to pop the leg in a half milimeter?

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Frogboy

This may be a silly question but-- have you tried pushing it in? You might be able to get it in if you push and swivel it a little. Just a thought.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I tried that and it just doesn't budge and then I have to mess with him more to get him to stand up again. He came like that, but I thought it would pop in easily. He's probably one of the hardest characters to scupt standing up because of his thin legs. I picked this one out of the assortment becase the paint job was the best.

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
Hmmm...

Mine has a distinct chip in the top edge - it didn't look randowm or accidental, but we can check with Ken to see if they mugs were supposed to be perfect or not.

Michael
MWC

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

My Mug has no chip.

And my Kermit couldnt stand up too good either, You have to position him in just the right place, I got fed and and just displayed him on the stand, But he is still bent forwards.

See ya