Muppets Take Over Capital Radio

Luke

Reaction score
Tune in to Capital Radio Takeover (95.8fm) to hear the mayhem when The Muppets (Kermit, Piggy, Animal, Bunsen & Beaker, The Swedish Chef, Pepe and Gonzo) take over the airwaves for one hour on Sunday 23rd June between 7pm and 8pm

Capital Takeover reaches each 8 million listeners including syndication to UK's seven biggest cities. This award winning radio show has recently been presented by the likes of Tom Hanks, Britney Spears, Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Madonna....

Christian Day
PR Assistant
The Jim Henson Company
Tel. 020 74284000
Fax. 020 74284001
visit us at www.henson.com

Guys you can listen to the show wherever you are in the world via the net streaming at www.capitalfm.com. The time will be 2pm Eastern i think for the USA.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post Luke. It's great that everyone will be able to hear it on-line and talk about the appearance afterward.

I believe this will be airing at 3 pm Eastern/2 pm Central on Sunday for those in the US.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah, i've got a feeling this is a pre-record though. I used to work there many years ago and this kinda stuff was always done on tape a few weeks prior.

I'm not sure if it's just UK'ers that got it but this i think was from that email mailing list that the Henson Company started a while back. It's nice they are doing this kinda thing but live taking questions would be better. I don't think they've ever topped that Gonzo live netstreaming appearance for 'Play TV' - they need to do more of that and interact with people.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

This is gonna be great, People with Digital TV can also tape it from the Digital Radio Stations! I think im gonna tape Audio and on the Video, The TV gets better quality radio.

I called Capital and Henson and they both said that it was pre recorded, But with the Links and Music being broadcast live.
I dont know what that last bit means.

If it was Live i was gonna go down to Leicester Square to watch it !

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Yayyyyyy,

I jusy recorded the advertisement they made for the Radio Station ! They said that you can 'Meet the rest of the Muppet Gang tonight' ! They must be doing another Advertisement.

And it IS Eric's Piggy.

See ya

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

That's great News. But 1 question to ask you -:

1) Is this like "I love Muppets" but radio ?

later
MuppetDanny

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Warrick

It just means that they have already recorded all the intro bits and then the producer just stops the tape and plays in the music track, then starts the next bit of dialogue after it. Theres not much point going down there. I think they meant the links were being played 'as live'.

It sounds like a great show and Muppetdanny, it's not like 'I Love The Muppets' - it's more the Muppets answering viewers emails and playing some of their favourite chart music tracks.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Luke

Thank U for the info. Also what Frequincie is it? it's LW, MW?:confused:

MuppetDanny

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Danny,

95.8 FM

They are gonna put on a Sneak Peak in the next ten minutes!!!

Luke

Reaction score
This is all getting very exciting. I guess they recorded this in the states but if the character list is correct then they got quite a few of the puppeteers together for this.