Muppets Take Over Capital Radio

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

There was a Sneak Peak on earlier, Rizzo was speaking and they mentioned Fozzie ! So i think that there is more there than we think !

I cant wait !

See ya

Luke

Reaction score
Ok so i am looking forward to this radio appearance - the station has been plugging it a lot and showing previews - it sounds like a lot of fun.

It's gonna be exciting to hear brand new voices for both Fozzie and Animal - who do people think are performing these ?

It's also probably the most impressive cast list for anything Muppety since the fest, and even more impressive seeing as the Muppets don't seem to actually be promoting anything other than the fact it's the anniversary.

Have they ever done much radio together before ? I don't seem to remember them going in for this kinda thing previously.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Muppets on www.capitalfm.com will be beginning in the next hour. Listen on-line and let us know what you think about the appearance.

Luke

Reaction score
Just a correction, the Henson email was wrong - it's actually gonna be 8pm (3pm Eastern) so unfortunately theres another hour to wait !

Luke

Reaction score
So anyone listening ? Someone needs to remind Eric Jacobson that Fozzie is supposed to be male, sounds very Piggy to me.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Luke

I had to listen on-line as I can find it on my radio:mad:

Anyway for what I heard it was good, the puppeteer who did Piggy did very well done! But who did Animal? It was terrible, it didn't sound like to Frank's voice.

What did u think Luke?

Later

MuppetDanny

AruggeRadio

Reaction score
Luke

Thanks for letting us know about this. I tuned in and it was truly allot of fun. I agree that Eric's Fozzie needs some work but is still very good (it sounds allot like his Bert which I don't think is that bad because Bert and Fozzie essentially had the same voice under Frank Oz, it amazes me he has been able to do so much with the voices). I also loved the interaction between the rest of the Muppets. As Phil alluded to in a previous post it was great seeing interaction between Kermit and Piggy that has been truly missed. Thank goodness for digital recording, I was able to record the whole hour which I’m glad I will get to listen to it over and over. BTW I work in American Radio its fun to hear Euro Radio for a change. I can't believe the Strokes are Top 40 in the UK.

CW

Luke

Reaction score
yeah i actually thought he did Animal better than Fozzie - i guess it's all down to personal taste.

I thought it was very funny overall - a good mixture of Muppets, thats what we need to see more off - Muppets interacting with each other and especially other people but i would have preferred them to do Radio without a script - like interacting with people, taking phone calls, adlibbing. I really think they need to do more of that. The script was funny though, and some great lines in there - Pepe, Gonzo and Rizzo were especially good and Erics Piggy is now really very good.

Wierd they were plugging the Muppet DVD's when we have like one out in this country but they thought to include a lot of UK specific references to our presenters and music.

Too much music - that's Capital Radio for ya, but nice they included some Muppet related songs. It must have been funny to hear our adverts and music artists.

Just to fill people in, Chris Tarrant who Piggy mentioned is the presenter of our 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' and breakfast show DJ on that station. Cat Deeley who was also mentioned is another presenter on the radio station but also quite a pin up over here.

radionate

Reaction score
CW,

It's not a fomart that can easily be emailed is it. The reason I ask is that I was unable to listen today, as I was actually on air. I too would love to hear the show.

Foreignman

Reaction score
I missed the show too, hate it when my actual life gets in the way of Muppety fun. If anyone recorded it and could somehow e-mail it to Nate and I, we would much apreciate it... Well at least I would much apreciate it, I can't speak for Nate, but I'm sure he would much apreciate it too... yeah.