Muppets to appear in Disney Channel TV special

Status
Not open for further replies.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I'm calling that number for Disney right now... Aaaaaand I got an answering machine when transfered to Disney Channel programming. :smirk: Guess it was a little too late in the evening to call. I'll try back tomorrow afternoon and see if I can't solve this thing.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Answering Machines are evil! you always get em when you dont want to. Gook luck trying again

Count von Count

Reaction score
I called them and abc answered then they tryed to put me tough to Disney, but they did't answer. I called back and Abc said that Disney showed ads for there tv show 1 week in-anveced(sp). And if don't it goes on there web site.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, the question is more about whether or not this is going to be on seeing as how it isn't scheduled on any TV listings for the day it was reportedly going to air.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's been postponed. Every source that said this would be on has now removed it from it's schedule. Perhaps Disney is giving themselves more time to promote this first and will air it around August.
That's what I'm hoping for myself.

ngreen522

Reaction score
SON OF A GUN! :mad: When I first found out about this special I called my mother and told her I would come spend the whole weekend at her house. My motivation? ... Clearly the fact that she has cable and I don't. Now you're telling me that I've got to do this with no muppet reward? ......... i love you mom, but DAAAANNNNG! :batty:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I tried calling the Disney Channel line again... and I got the same answering machine. :smirk: How annoying.

Drtooth

Reaction score
...and btw, for what it's worth, i'm reserving judgement about the whole situation until more info comes forward as to why this got postponed. I don't want to jump on the "evil-Disney" or "Disney hates/doesn't know what to do with the Muppets" bandwagons. I mean, heck, they MADE the special and they (even though there were no commercials on the channel), they did release publicity about the special when they obviously planned on airing it.
I don't think Disney not knowing what to do with the Muppets is just something they're doing to pick on us. Disney really doesn't know what to do with any accqusitions. What they're doing to the Marvel cartoons they sort of kind of own is a bigger crime than this. They refuse to let anyone release them, as they'd lose ratings from airing reruns. True story.

In fact, they don;t know what to do with anything outside of Pixar's films (can't blame them, since they're the best work they've taken credit for in years) and the tweeny weinie stuff they keep shoving in our faces. As this is a Tweenie Weinie thing, that's what bothers me.

But they clearly need time to hype it up. If we don't hear anything by the end of the year, then we have to worry.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
IDisney really doesn't know what to do with any accqusitions. What they're doing to the Marvel cartoons they sort of kind of own is a bigger crime than this.
Not to mention Jay Ward cartoons.:stick_out_tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.