Muppets to appear in Disney Channel TV special

Status
Not open for further replies.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I have friends who get annoyed at my "purist" view on the Muppets too, lol. They get upset when I won't watch the newer movies, etc. I understand their pov, since they enjoy those movies, but that's just how I feel. And I don't think one's a better fan than another. It's just that we have very different opinions of which direction the Muppets should go in.

ngreen522

Reaction score
Okay, I just saw the PROMO! (better late then never) and all I can say is ... YEEEESSSSS! I feel so completely satisfied! I can officially be excited again!

as for the debate at hand: In my case, I was still a kid when a lot of the post-Jim Muppet stuff was released, so that's probably why I don't mind it so much. Yeah, I think I'm the kinda fan who has already decided that I'm going to love everything they do. ...And when they occasionally do things that I don't like *cough, Wizard of Oz, Cough, Cough* I just watch it over and over until I know the lines by heart and consequentially have no choice but to love it.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
It seemed to me more like Animal was saying "Bling Bling?" As a question, not as, "Oh, yeah, you so like my bling bling. I am hip and awesome and a total poser for saying this. Don't be doubtin', yo."

It sounded to me like Animal was just saying it curiously. Yeah, I'm not big on the slang, but it is kinda funny to hear Animal say it. It's sorta like Animal doesn't really know what it means, and he's just saying it because he just heard someone else say "bling". It's perfect Animal to me... I just would have prefered it if no one had ever said it to Animal. It's like when people swear around little kids because they want to hear the kid say it. You know they will. And Animal's just like that.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I'm sorry...Bling Bling is only used by old men in suits now? Where on earth do you live...

Animal's use of Bling Bling is obviously making a joke out of how people who "think" they are cool use "bling". It's used by ever wanna-be hipster I've ever known. And, no, I am not calling Animal a wannabe hipster...but it's actually VERY funny that he responds to someone saying, "Nice bling" with "Bling bling!" And also sounds kinda like a telephone ringing..
Yeah in America where the term was created by trendy hip hoppers you know?
I don't think he was being funny I think he was being Animal and a white bread writter thought it would be funny for them to say that.
I don't find it funny, I also find it unmuppet like but hey thats just me.
Enough of this going round and round about it already.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I understand that everyone has their own opinoin but i just hate when people who hasn't seen something yet or are seeing previews or promos and say they don't like this or that. I mean i know that i haven't seen it yet but i never give up on certain things right away.

Just to prove my opinoin here is an example on what i'm talking about. When i heard that a Garfield movie was coming out i was all psyche about it. But then when i saw the preview didn't like it because Odie wasn't a computer animated dog. He was a real dog. But when i told one of my co-works (who is alot older then me) about that she told me something and i can't remember what it was but she changed my mind on it. It was like i haven't seen it yet. I can't say i hate it because of that. I have to watch it first to see if i hate it. So me and my firend when and watched it. I really enjoyed it.
I'm not saying this isn't going to be fun and that it can't be great and that the Muppets won't be super duper!
But what I'm saying is I know what I'm getting into before I even see this because I have seen the Muppets, I have seen Hannah Monttan who I'm deathly sick of seeing every single place I go, and that zach and codey duo.
I don't like any of them not one bit as I and just about everyone else here has said we are watching this for the dang muppets and that's about it.

So i try and stay optimistic no matter what happens. I want to enjoy this. I would hate this to go down in a ball of fire and then Disney kick the Muppets once again to the crub before trying to do something else with them 10 to 20 years later. So i want more speicals and maybe a show somewhere down the line. But i understand i won't call Bunsan and see if he has a ray to get people to like this speical or any other Muppet stuff in the future.
The Garfielf movie is horrible nuff said on that, total dissapointment.
And if the Muppets don't do well on anything that's the fault of the writters and Disney not a fans opinion on them, because fans will watch it anyway regaurdless of if they dislike who's in it or not because the Muppets are in it like you said.
You're hitting the panic button when there's no reason to.
It's like people who run around a hotel hitting the fire alarm.
And sorry but I just can't be that way not in todays world, with how things are done.
I want to go YYYAAAAAYYY IT'S THE MUPPETS! and ship around but they need to give me a reason to do so and they've killed that joy for many people over many a time now with the likes of thigns like muppet wizard of oz.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
yeah, its one thing to hate something that you have seen before. But I dont understand how people could hate something without giving it a chance ever. thats just me
Like I said because of the people attached to this, it has nothing to do with the Muppets.
They have also let us down before whats not to say they won't do it again.
You guys are way to optomistic about things I have to say to the point that I wonder you guys do like know there's bad people in this world right?
Power hungry money loving suites who are behind things like this you know the sort of people Jim was against.

I follow a steady balance of when I see something good I go yay awesome! and when it's not I go oh what rubish that was and move on.

I always find it funny on message boards that the people that make the biggest deal out of other peoples comments are the ones that are suposed to be sunshine up your skirt optomistic people yet they use the word hate more than some one who dislikes Hannah Monttana with all the bones in their body.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I have friends who get annoyed at my "purist" view on the Muppets too, lol. They get upset when I won't watch the newer movies, etc. I understand their pov, since they enjoy those movies, but that's just how I feel. And I don't think one's a better fan than another. It's just that we have very different opinions of which direction the Muppets should go in.
Exactly, but people are also juping the gun here when they think they know what we like and don't.
like I said I don't like even every Muppet Show sketch, I can't stand the Muppet Babies, yet I love Sesame Street to a point minus elmo and other annoying baby talking characters, i adore fraggle rock.
I even like some bits of newer movie and the website stuff.
So for anyone else to say what I enjoy or what I'm going to like is wrong of them.
I'm going to either enjoy it or I'm not, it doesn't mean that I'm not going to give the show a chance though.
When you say you don't enjoy something these days people act like you just kicked a puppy or something.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah... I hate to be this guy but.... yeah. :embarrassed: I just hope this gets the younger generation to like the Muppets, as is this special's intent.

But I'd rather see them do a prime time network (not cable) special for the older fans. Something with real talent that older fans will enjoy, like Weird Al Yankovic or someone like that. Even Ben Stien would be funny with the Muppets.

I hope this is the start of something good, and I'll look to it as an optimistic springboard. But I don't think I could watch this the whole way through... that is, if I had cable.

And again... I need a time machine so I can find the guy that came up with Bling Bling and smack him in the mush with a cream pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.