Muppets to appear in Disney Channel TV special

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
And even if Animal said "Bling Bling" doesn't make him a bad character just because he said that. I hate when other get off on not liking a character just because they said some word that they've never said before.
Wow seriously it bothers you so much that people don't like the fact that they are using a word that's only used by old men in suites at this point for a character that's supposed to be a hipster.
I don't get off on it nor do I dislike Animal one bit, what I do not like is them (the people who write these tacky lame lingo Hannah and the Suite Life), I know Animal is just a crazy beast of a man and is repeating what the fake singer said, it doesn't mean in any sense that I have to enjoy it.
It seriously made me cringe to think any of the Muppets would say that, because it makes them come off like some one's dad trying to be hip to his sons friends.
Animal could say any number of words in Webster's dictionary and I wouldn't give a Rizzo's behind.
But flavorless hip hop lingo of the moment no thank you.
Everyone who loves the Muppets wants this to be just another "Muppet Show" and it isn't going to be like another Muppet Show. This is a newer type of show like Jamie said like a Saturday Night Live type show. That's what i don't get about fans around here. They get so mad or bash it into the ground they it isn't fun anymore. I have a freind who doesn't want to watch Muppets no more unless it's Jim's Kermit. He hates Kermit's voice now because it doesn't sound like the Kermit he grew up with.
Nope that is not what I want but why shouldn't the muppets od today have the same good quality production or even better than what they had back then.
I'm not mad or bashing anything besides the poor choices they are making for trends and trendy bad acting child stars they are standing next to the Muppets.
And that's silly of your friend I may not care much for Steve's Kermit all of the time but it's not that bad. *sheesh!*
And it really bothers me but i can't tell him oh it's alright. Kermit's the same no matter what voice he has. But nooooo! The only way i could make him watch one of the newer movies without Jim is if i told him he has to watch it. But i try not to because he'll just sit there and bad mouth it the whole way through. Just like you people here. I'm not trying to start anything but if you don't think it's going to be all that great then don't watch it. It's as simple as turning to another channel or going somewhere other then staying home.
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with you here, Kermit will never be the same and that's just something everyone over time is going to have to get used to.
This is Steve Witmire behind Kermit now he is not Jim Henson and no matter how hard he tries he will never be Jim Henson.
Just as whoever takes Steve's place when and if that time comes they will not be like Steve's Kermit and so on.
Frankly I think you're being way to sensitive about the entire thing, and you shouldn't force anyone to do anything.
If your friend is no longer a Kermit or Modern Muppet fan then so be it.
But let me tell you this being rude to those who don't like the change isn't going to help matters at all.
You want us to enjoy the new people behind these beloved characters?
Then let us enjoy them and grow into them in our own time.
We will either come around or we won't but that's on the person not anyone else to decide.
People want to watch it because no matter how bad some of us may think this will be because of halfwit tweenage stars, we love the Muppets deep down and have a hope that they will come back.
People don't like everything you even said it yourself, I don't enjoy all the skits on the Muppet show so does that make me a bad fan?
I'd like to think not, I think it just means I have a mind of my own and know when I enjoy something and know when I don't.
You really shouldn't take it so personally or as bashing when some one says they don't like something especially when you personally don't have a hand in it's production.
If you did then I could see you flicking a chicken over it.
The reason i'm watching this speical is because i love the Muppets. I have never hated them at any business. I don't care if any of the Disney Channel stars are there or not. I'll watch it no matter if it had only one Muppet. I LOVE THE MUPPETS! So there's my two cents about how much i enjoy watching them and i'll keep loving them till the day i croak.
I'd be pretty sure that's why anyone who's on this Muppet based Message board would even consider watching this special.
There is seriously absolutely no reason to get this upset over other peoples comments though.
As far as me goes? I never want to hear that word again! I just wused people would stop using it. Even if they dropped the second vling. That would be fine. That word needs to die. it really does. This dumb gangsta player poser fad needs to end, and get tossed with the Hula Hoops and Furbys... never agian to see the light of day.
AMEN TO THAT! TRUER WORDS HAVE NEVER BEEN SPOKEN!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
First off, the higher quality first promo clip makes Janice sound fantastic! Who's doing her? IMDB (yes they have a page on this) only lists Fozzie, Gonzo, Kermit and Miss Piggy. Kermit does seem off in the promo, but you never can tell from those things. :flirt:

Second, as much as I dislike modern slang terms like "hella" and "bling" there's really no way to get rid of them. Boycotting programs won't really help. Neither will disapproving looks at offenders using the terms in public. Trust me, that tactic doesn't work for me with people who find disgusting ways to smack and pop their chewing gum. Uuuuugh! It really makes me queasier than anything in one of those Saw movies. (My secret hope is that one day their teeth will rot out.) :big_grin:

My question is, why was Milley Cyrus -AKA Hannah Montana- talking to a puppet? Kidding. Let’s not start that again! He he. :wink:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I understand that everyone has their own opinoin but i just hate when people who hasn't seen something yet or are seeing previews or promos and say they don't like this or that. I mean i know that i haven't seen it yet but i never give up on certain things right away.

Just to prove my opinoin here is an example on what i'm talking about. When i heard that a Garfield movie was coming out i was all psyche about it. But then when i saw the preview didn't like it because Odie wasn't a computer animated dog. He was a real dog. But when i told one of my co-works (who is alot older then me) about that she told me something and i can't remember what it was but she changed my mind on it. It was like i haven't seen it yet. I can't say i hate it because of that. I have to watch it first to see if i hate it. So me and my firend when and watched it. I really enjoyed it.

So i try and stay optimistic no matter what happens. I want to enjoy this. I would hate this to go down in a ball of fire and then Disney kick the Muppets once again to the crub before trying to do something else with them 10 to 20 years later. So i want more speicals and maybe a show somewhere down the line. But i understand i won't call Bunsan and see if he has a ray to get people to like this speical or any other Muppet stuff in the future.

muppet baby

Reaction score
oh my gosh i hate that i missed this i really wanted to see it and i was so looking forward and i had to go out of town and my dvr was not working :rolleyes::eek: does anyone know if it will air again or if they might have a dvd of it .

i hope that they will contenue with things like this they really need to contue to introduce muppets to younger poeple that is so great i mean i really belive the muppets are for everone i mean i grew up with them and i love them so much or i would not be here i mean they have always been there for me in good times and bad haha
i know that i say that a lot .:wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
oh my gosh i hate that i missed this i really wanted to see it and i was so looking forward and i had to go out of town and my dvr was not working :rolleyes::eek: does anyone know if it will air again or if they might have a dvd of it .

i hope that they will contenue with things like this they really need to contue to introduce muppets to younger poeple that is so great i mean i really belive the muppets are for everone i mean i grew up with them and i love them so much or i would not be here i mean they have always been there for me in good times and bad haha
i know that i say that a lot .:wink:
You are in luck! It hasn't aired yet. Sunday, August 3rd at 8/7 central is the Disney Channel's listing for this 30 minute special.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I understand that everyone has their own opinoin but i just hate when people who hasn't seen something yet or are seeing previews or promos and say they don't like this or that. I mean i know that i haven't seen it yet but i never give up on certain things right away.
yeah, its one thing to hate something that you have seen before. But I dont understand how people could hate something without giving it a chance ever. thats just me

Beauregard

Reaction score
Wow seriously it bothers you so much that people don't like the fact that they are using a word that's only used by old men in suites at this point for a character that's supposed to be a hipster.
I'm sorry...Bling Bling is only used by old men in suits now? Where on earth do you live...

Animal's use of Bling Bling is obviously making a joke out of how people who "think" they are cool use "bling". It's used by ever wanna-be hipster I've ever known. And, no, I am not calling Animal a wannabe hipster...but it's actually VERY funny that he responds to someone saying, "Nice bling" with "Bling bling!" And also sounds kinda like a telephone ringing..

Status
Not open for further replies.