Muppets to appear in Disney Channel TV special

Status
Not open for further replies.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
This looks like it could be fun but trying to make the Muppets trendy is not my idea of them being fun.
Agreed, I'm cautiously optimistic. The promo actully did look promising, I liked that Janice talked! I just hope most of the emphasis is on good writing rather than modernizing. In the end, good writing is what keeps people coming back, not attempts at being cool.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
is it just me, or did animal sound more like cookie monster than...well...animal?

I'm also dissapointed a bit that I will not get to see this. I will be vactioning with some cousins, who I dont even know! I might watch it there if I get the chance, but I dont know...I might be a bit embarased :embarrassed:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I decided to TiVo the Disney Channel Original Movie tonight to see if any promos popped up during the commercail breaks... and one did.

Caught a promo of Miss Piggy with the Jonas Brothers. It looked pretty funny and she sounded great. She introduced herself as, "Joan S. Jonas--your long-lost sister!" It looked promising and it looks like Diz is finally gonna go all-out promoting this thing! It's very exciting! Let's hope it lives up to the hype! :excited:

EDIT: Oh, and I think it's unjustified to be judging Kermit and Animal (and even Janice)'s voices based on that YouTube video. The sound quality, quite frankly, sucks, and I don't think we should pass judgement based on that alone. Just saying... :smirk:

Erine81981

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
Caught a promo of Miss Piggy with the Jonas Brothers. It looked pretty funny and she sounded great. She introduced herself as, "Joan S. Jonas--your long-lost sister!" It looked promising and it looks like Diz is finally gonna go all-out promoting this thing! It's very exciting! Let's hope it lives up to the hype!
Saw the same one too Ryan. I had to DVR it so i did. I'm going to try and get every promo that comes on so i can add it to my recording of the special when it comes out. Knowing it'll proubley come out on DVD.

I saw another one too! It was AWSOME! It was Miley's promo. Aniaml says "Mi-ley pre-tty." It was cute and funny. It also had the two Snowth in promo too. They didn't look like they did in Muppets Tonight but it's like they must of had a face lift or something (get what i'm saying) Also Dr. Teeth at the end of the promo says "Only on Disney Channel." So i'm going to so LOOOOOVE IT!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I just happened to have the tv on, while i as playing my ds and all of a sudden I heard this weird voice and looked and there it was. by weird I mean miss piggy. She sounded like an old man that was mad
That really made me laugh!

is it just me, or did animal sound more like cookie monster than...well...animal? This also really made me laugh!:zany:

I'm also dissapointed a bit that I will not get to see this. I will be vactioning with some cousins, who I dont even know! I might watch it there if I get the chance, but I dont know...I might be a bit embarased :embarrassed:
Aniaml says "Mi-ley pre-tty."
I once said that to a girl in my band class only it was like more in a Forest Gump voice. She dug it.:stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The sound is not so good on that but boy kermits voice keeps going from good to bad, and seriously...Animal just said bling bling...*vomits in his dinner*
This looks like it could be fun but trying to make the Muppets trendy is not my idea of them being fun. Seriously who said bling bling anymore besides people who are unhip and Animal is suposed to be a hip dude! :stick_out_tongue:

Oof..... yeah. That was almost mortifying to hear. I wish Bling Bling would just leave with "Gettin' Jiggy with it" and "Radical." It's the worst piece of slang I've ever heard in a while.

I don't think I ever want to see this. Ever. Electric mayhem or No Electric Mayhem. It really seems like the Muppets awkwardly hocking Disney show programs than a real, honest to Frog special. I mean, we should be cautiously optimistic... but frankly, the Muppets can't afford anyother trendy embarassing special. Muppet Oz and Elmo's Christmas Count down were bad enough.

dwmckim

Reaction score
The clip being referenced: Miley looks at Animal's chain and remarks "Nice bling" to which Animal roars "Bling BLING" - so not only is it a gag about how Animal is the intimidating creature that he is that he has to be chained, but his line is a remark to something said to him (delivered in that Animal-flirt-with-WO-MAN manner!) so that doesn't bother me in the least as opposed to just some random use. It's all about context.

Educated guess: The Snowths were rebuilt since the puppets they probably would have otherwise used are on touring display with "Jim Henson's Fantastic World"

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I saw another one too! It was AWSOME! It was Miley's promo. Aniaml says "Mi-ley pre-tty." It was cute and funny. It also had the two Snowth in promo too. They didn't look like they did in Muppets Tonight but it's like they must of had a face lift or something (get what i'm saying) Also Dr. Teeth at the end of the promo says "Only on Disney Channel." So i'm going to so LOOOOOVE IT!
I saw that this morning! It had her singing her song "GNO" backed up the TEM and with Snowths providing back up. They puppets looked funny and they could barley move their snouts.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I'm going to like the speical no matter what any of the characters say. It's The Muppets. They've said stuff that i figure wouldn't be apropret anyways but it was ok with the cenceores. And even if Animal said "Bling Bling" doesn't make him a bad character just because he said that. I hate when other get off on not liking a character just because they said some word that they've never said before.

Everyone who loves the Muppets wants this to be just another "Muppet Show" and it isn't going to be like another Muppet Show. This is a newer type of show like Jamie said like a Saturday Night Live type show. That's what i don't get about fans around here. They get so mad or bash it into the ground they it isn't fun anymore. I have a freind who doesn't want to watch Muppets no more unless it's Jim's Kermit. He hates Kermit's voice now because it doesn't sound like the Kermit he grew up with.

And it really bothers me but i can't tell him oh it's alright. Kermit's the same no matter what voice he has. But nooooo! The only way i could make him watch one of the newer movies without Jim is if i told him he has to watch it. But i try not to because he'll just sit there and bad mouth it the whole way through. Just like you people here. I'm not trying to start anything but if you don't think it's going to be all that great then don't watch it. It's as simple as turning to another channel or going somewhere other then staying home.

The reason i'm watching this speical is because i love the Muppets. I have never hated them at any business. I don't care if any of the Disney Channel stars are there or not. I'll watch it no matter if it had only one Muppet. I LOVE THE MUPPETS! So there's my two cents about how much i enjoy watching them and i'll keep loving them till the day i croak.

Status
Not open for further replies.