Muppets to appear in Disney Channel TV special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I saw the one with Piggy and kermit dancing with Ashley Tisdale. I just happened to have the tv on, while i as playing my ds and all of a sudden I heard this weird voice and looked and there it was. by weird I mean miss piggy. She sounded like an old man that was mad

Luke

Reaction score
It seems a bit like Saturday Night Live with the Muppets, lol. Seems quite good, and well written. I had this tiny feeling of seeing how out of place they seem standing next to the Disney kids stars who all seem to know who they are, as if they are already these big stars and never been gone .. surely most viewers won't have heard of them. I hope somehow it is written in a way that it will introduce them to the audience rather than just dump them in the Disney universe.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oooh. Thank you for posting this promo clip! And Janice talks! :flirt: It's hard to tell, but she sounds pretty groovy. Maybe that means a Scooter somewhere. :wink:

List of Muppets I saw: Kermit, Pepe, Rowlf, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Janice, Animal, Dr. Teeth, Zoot, Floyd, Swedish Chef, Bunsen, Beaker, penguins, chickens (possibly Camilla) and Rizzo. I didn't see Fozzie, the Snowths (pictured previously), Sam, Statler or Waldorf, but I am sure they'll be in it somewhere.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
The sound is not so good on that but boy kermits voice keeps going from good to bad, and seriously...Animal just said bling bling...*vomits in his dinner*
This looks like it could be fun but trying to make the Muppets trendy is not my idea of them being fun. Seriously who said bling bling anymore besides people who are unhip and Animal is suposed to be a hip dude! :stick_out_tongue:

dwmckim

Reaction score
What a difference a day makes!

As of 2:30 am this morning, there was nothing Studio DC or Muppet on Disney Channel at all - now sometime today it looks like a major marketing blitz has now begun with a bunch of promos...and lo and behold all of a sudden Studio DC is in Zap2it's listings (it wasn't yesterday).

And btw, in regards to the general caliber of quality of shows and actors on Disney Channel, most of it isn't my cup of tea, but i will fully admit that a lot of it IS what i would probably watch if i was in my pre/early teens. (Thinking back to when i was a preteen, i was a sucker for nice fluffy slapstick)...Preteen d.w. would like the shows enough but still wouldn't be won over by the music (i feel proud of the fact that over 90% of the music i enjoyed in my youth was stuff i still consider good or of artistic merit...but then the early 80's was a great time for music overall in terms of radio success not always equalling sell-out fluff) Given that most of Disney Channel's stars are youth, you're naturally going to find a mixture of raw talent and those that still have a lot to learn, and Disney Channel's current roster is no exception. I won't go into names (partly because of the age of the stars) but there's the full gamet of true talents that are even probably underestimated even given their overexposure to people that really should not be on a tv screen or given recording contracts if it weren't for their looks/marketabilty.

A lot of Disney's stuff (and Disney Channel which is geared toward the younger audience) is escapist fluff but escapist fluff is not always "bad" and there's a place for it in the entertainment sphere...and Disney (the "brand") does it well despite the corporate machine that Disney (the company) has long been.

So i guess to summerize how i feel about Disney Channel's shows and stars...it's the fast food of the restaurant buffet of entertainment, but i sure as heck LOVED fast food when i was younger (and depending on what it is, some of it i still do).

Bringing it back to the Muppets, when one considers the roster of stars the Muppets worked with on The Muppet Show and the people they'll be working with on Studio DC, some will be cringeworthy, others are tomorrow's legends in the earliest stages of their career.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I've got a tape prepared! (Still have no DVR, but I make due with what I've got. I really need something that transfers my SS tapes to DVD.)

Erine81981

Reaction score
That seems really awsome! Cool to see a promo for it. Can't wait. And don't forget dudes and dudets that there will be other promos for it. If you look again Jamie. You'll see Fozzie right when they show all of them together. It's right at the 0:48 seconds into it.

NOW I REALLY CAN'T WAIT!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That seems really awsome! Cool to see a promo for it. Can't wait. And don't forget dudes and dudets that there will be other promos for it. If you look again Jamie. You'll see Fozzie right when they show all of them together. It's right at the 0:48 seconds into it.

NOW I REALLY CAN'T WAIT!
You're right. How did I miss him? I'm not liking the pig's eyes on the blonde Miss Piggy puppet. Looks like the French Muppets TV version from Puppet Heap.

Status
Not open for further replies.