Muppets to appear in Disney Channel TV special

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I have stated numerous times that kids are brainwashed into listening to whatever their favorite stars says. They dont undersand it's just a show asnd that it doesn't express the person's real feelings, but due to the fact that she said in the episode that you shouldn't like puppets and need to grow up has me worried that because of this, kids are going to think its uncool to enjoy puppets, or muppets, or whatever. Disney is already trying to make kids grow up too fast. And if, in a kid's mind, that HM says something, it must be true!

Again, I know that its not her fault.
I agree that statement could influence some of her viewers. It is my hope that those viewers would still tune in to seeing her on Studio DC and fall in love with the Muppets. They are irresistible! The Muppets can also perform live with great skill...unlike what I've heard about other popular acts these days. No names. :wink:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Thats all I've been trying to say regaurding this matter. I'm not hating on miley for that matter. You seem to be the only one who understands

dwmckim

Reaction score
...let's go a step further, all in favor of bringing back Animal Jam, say "Aye!"

(crickets chirping)

...okay perhaps that was a step too far (though i do kinda miss DJ's 1, 2, and 3)

On a more serious note though, it's actually looking more and more likely that we've got another postponement. No mention of the special in zap2it's listings for August 3.

Something that just occured to me too - besides there still being zero promotion on Disney Channel for the special, but anyone else find it fishy that there's been no mention of it on the new Muppets XD site?

Erine81981

Reaction score
*headdesk* Thats it... I'm sick of explaining this to people. I KNOW that it was not her fault! Learn to read everything! I know your talking about me! I have stated numerous times that kids are brainwashed into listening to whatever their favroite starts says. They dont undersand its just a show asnd that 0it doesnt express the persons real feelings, but due to the fact that she said in the episode that you shouldnt like puppets and need to grow up has me worried that because of this, kids are going to think its uncool to enjoy puppets, or muppets, or whatever. Disney is already trying to make kids grow up too fast. And if, in a kid's mind, that HM says something, it must be true!

Again, I know that its not her fault!
I understand now. Sorry i get so in a rush in reading stuff i don't go and read the whole thing. But sorry if i went over board. I was just refuring to others as well and not just you Sgt Floyd.

Davina

Reaction score
we just got last week's issue of TV Guide.. (we're in alaska... *shrug* it's not unusual.. and it's a free subscription, so i don't much care.. will NOT be paying for a renewal though.. heh..) and they had some nice photos from the special... so it was sorta promoted... in TV Guide.... for the 19th.... nothing in there about a postponement though... maybe that bit will be in this week's issue... (will try to look for it next week.. when it actually shows up.. unless someone else out there actually has it this week.... )

Status
Not open for further replies.