1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppets to appear in Disney Channel TV special

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by jacobsnchz, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

Not bad I really wish they'd have try out I can do the Teeth man himself much better :)
    His design looks a little odd also he doesn't look like flocked foam anymore as much as he does nylon or something.
    Flloyd did sound good but it sounds like his voice was phoned in or something but it could just be the audio on youtube.
    If they're in this allot it should still be good, Pepe and Rizzo are good as ever, Animal not so much I'm still not diggin his comments and now that he just screamed Hannah Montana I like them even less. Oh well....
  2. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

OH MY GOSH I LOVED THAT! SGP thank you thank you for posting that! Dr. Teeth was AWESOME! The classic line! WOOT! Floyd was GREAT! He sounded GOOD! (As far as I can tell from the cruddy audio...) and Animal's shouting "Hannah Montana!" was just PERFECT! HAHAHA! I love it! ! ! OH! And Rizzo and Pepe! ! ! ! Perfect as ALWAYS!

I LOVE MUPPETS! ! ! ! :D :sing: :flirt:

Sunday can't come fast enough!
  3. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

OH YEAH! Slap me some skin Ryan my buddy. I'm loving every clip i'm seeing even the Interview one and just can't wait for it to start airing. *jumps around the room saying Hanna Montana like Animal*

Edit: Just wanted to say that my necies who would have never heard of the Muppets unless i showed them the Movies or Speicals or even the shows would have said the samething on wondering who they were but they are so pyshed in to watching this and me and my sister and her husband (if he isn't having to work) and the Necies are all going to sit down and watch it togther. Can't wait!
  4. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Super awesome clip. I wish I had the Disney Channel... *pouts* maybe it will air on the Family Channel up here soon; that's what most Disney Channel shows play on.
  5. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

...O_O ...O...M...G... *fangirl screams a million times*

*dies*

The anticipation...I'm shivering with it... X_X
  6. AnimatedC9000

AnimatedC9000 Well-Known Member

You don't think I'm shivering with it, too? We all are! I can't WAIT to see the Mayhem back in the spotlight! Fer sure!
  7. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Would anybody be able to record the special in a format that they can share with fans this side of the pond. I would imagine that it is very unlikely for it to air in the UK. I have googled it to no avail :(
  8. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Floyed sounds awesome! It almost sounds like Jerry himself!
  9. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It's the Disney Channel fans that seem to be uploading multiple clips of this special! That makes me smile.
  10. Evoulie

Evoulie Member

You can watch all of the Studio DC: Almost Live! commercials, on Disney XD, here.

Ev
  11. SgtGonzoPepper

SgtGonzoPepper New Member

I KNOW!:sing: It's spot on. This sounds like a pipe dream, but maybe it is him. Overdubbing. But that is quite unlikely. :cry:
  12. petrieboy

petrieboy Member

I laughed.

I have been mostly negative in all my posts in the last several years, because I didn't feel much reason to congratulate the Muppets.

I just watched the youtube interview with Kermit and Miss Piggy. Kermit needs to be calmer, and a little more thoughtful and introspective, like Jim Henson's creation used to be. There were moments, years ago, when Kermit would raise his voice or talk a lot more, but he tended to give the other Muppets the spotlight- with humility and grace- and somehow he earned the spotlight without trying too hard. The modern Kermit tries too hard and is too hyperactive and wordy, and doesn't come up with the most inspirational things to say. We don't need many more pond jokes. I wish he would just relax. And maybe read classic novels and study up on various topics, to exude more intelligence.

On the other hand, this "new" Miss Piggy ... The last time I laughed at the new Muppets was in 1996. She stood next to Kermit in this youtube clip, and let him do all the talking he wanted, and seemed to listen, and to think, not just put on a show. And then when she spoke, or made gestures, they were truly funny. I laughed at the part where she said that she didn't know who the Jonas Brothers were (neither do I) and Kermit told her that she was too old, and she said "I'm not too anything."

I laughed at how she just stood there and looked at him, and listened, and how she asked him if he'd been in the muck that morning, and distanced herself from him.

Miss Piggy has always been my favorite, and so I'm very picky with her. I think that they have a talented guy behind her. He just needs to take singing lessons.
  13. Pan in Scarlet

Pan in Scarlet New Member

wooow.... everyone's arguing over this... why is it such a big deal if the Muppets are appearing with the Disney Channel stars? The muppets have always hung out with the popular stars of the day, and right now that's the DC stars. Why can't we just leave it at that and enjoy it? It might just be a 'special' now, but it may turn into a huge comeback, especially appealing to younger audiences. My nieces and nephews (huge age gap in my siblings and I) like DC, and when the commericals started to play, they were asking who the other characters were and we told them about the Muppets and showed them old episodes. They really liked them and want to see more, and Studio DC hasn't even played yet!

The Muppets are popular in their own right, so are the DC stars. Even if you don't like one of the two groups, it's still really funny to see them together. It's like the match no one would have ever thought of. So chill and let's see how this all plays out.
  14. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The DC stars are not really the "stars of today" as much as they are the kid's cable stars of the moment. Even so that's exactly what the Muppets need and they're getting it. Disney is finally trying to show them some love. This may be foreign to classic Muppet fans, but this is an honorable gesture from the Disney brass. I see it like a business dinner - the guests may not all be compatible but they can do great things for one another!

Studio DC + Muppets = Good Thing From Disney
  15. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

I'd really like to see Smiley Mileys opinion on the Muppets.
    Miley: *toothy grin* I love the Muppets they're so super duper grandly special I hope to work with them all the time and am so happy Disney bought them.
    Disney Executive: That was great now you get to keep your job.
    Miley: EIEIO?
  16. IgorPonweed

IgorPonweed New Member

Man, I won't be able to stop laughing for days!
  17. Luke

Luke Active Member

I agree you couldn't just put a Muppet series on in primetime without a lot of groundwork but i thought there was something about "Next Muppet", not so much because it was a Muppet show but more because it would have been set like a reality TV talent show (hopefully with viewer voting) and they were so hot at the time, i think maybe it would have caught on, possibly enough for the audience to follow the new Muppet through to whatever new Muppet series came of it - of course they would have had to find a way to make people care but then the Muppet appearance on Americas Got Talent seemed well recieved. As i said, just an instinct.

I think the same can be said in a way about this new Muppet special, its like they are having these Muppets who the kids in the shows will never have heard of and just puttin them into what seems like a pretty wooden script. Sure it will be great if the kids watch the show and are exposed to Muppets, but its not gonna be great if the thing just doesnt make any sense and makes the Muppets look bad. The kids are the ones coming across wooden, they obviously haven't got experience of working with puppets and the lines just seem so false. Maybe if they would have run the planned interstitials first or run the Youtube stuff on the DC or something, but from what i've seen so far of the kid reaction they may be uploading the ads and planning to watch but its more comments like "cool miley is on, those muppets are stupid". Kids are smarter nowdays, they will see through this fakeness in 2 seconds. Maybe if there would have been the planned interstitials/shorts on DC it would have come over better but realistically there isn't much they can do, but i applaud them for trying. I think with the Youtubes being so popular they maybe ought to just keep them for occasions and focus on the classic element of Muppets and the adult retro audience like Henson did for a few years. I don't wish to see them just use Muppets in a weekly TMS to host their stars and promote the music, it wouldn't work today.
  18. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah, she does look better on the interview! Love her comments. "Never heard or em'", "There too young for moi, "They all look the same too me" Good stuff!

Floyd sounds great and on spot to me!

Same here!
  19. Taco Wiz

Taco Wiz Member

At first I thought it would just be a cameo, but it turns out that The Muppets are actually the stars of the special. I wonder if Mickey Mouse will ever get this kind of treatment.
  20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Not So Hog Wild About The Pig

This comparison picture is an estimation of how I think Miss Piggy could be improved. It's a quick and crude mock-up, but this is a bit closer to how I'd like the pig to look. Thoughts? :mad: :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.