1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppets to star in Pizza Hut Super Bowl Commercial

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Zack the Dog, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

LOL!! Luke! That's funn-ee. All they have to do is cross the street and they're at the Chaplin Lot. That's why you need two days there: 1) JHC, 2) To cross the street.
  2. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

That is the real reason the chicken crossed the road.
  3. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Well yeah, the Chicken wanted to get to the other side. :)

Oh but about the Janet Jackson/Justin thing, i've heard a whole buncha things
    "Janet doing it to take the attetion off her brother" I just think that brings more attention to the whole family...but that's just me.

My real problem (well not that it's my problem) with it is the lying going on...I don't think it was an accident, this is a very "MTV" thing to do, there were reports saying that the half time show would be "shocking" before hand. I mean you do have to consider the millions of younger kids watching, maybe if MTV did there own thing on there own channle and keep it at that. but still...This seems like it will be something that will chase Justin's career and the lies only build up the chase more.
  4. Fozzie Bear

Still, it isn't the first time or the last time some of the millions of people who were watching ever saw something like this, regardless of age. I wish we could keep kids from these kinds of things from happening, but you just can't. Besides that, do the same complaining parents even know whether or not their kids are slipping downstairs after dark to watch Cinemax? I did, and my mom NEVER knew! It happens, and we can't be protected from it forever. Indecency happens, and then there's folks like me (mistakes, ha)!
  5. oOoanimaloOo

oOoanimaloOo New Member

Well all I have to say about the matter is that they said it wasent planned then they said it was planned at the last min. They said that it was a costume malfunction well Janet didn't seem to be that suprised or that conserned about covering it up.

:halo: ANIMAL WAS THE BEST IN THE COMMERCIAL :halo:
  6. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Muppets dogpiling Kermit over pizza?

Why couldnt the "wardrobe malfunction" have been with Britney Spears?
    When people say "what id you think about the Super Bowl shocker" I say "I know! Jessica Simpson with the Muppets, crazy times"

Thats because Greece isnt overun with puritanical right wing insanity.
  7. Zack the Dog

It's gotta be tough to be a parent these days because there isn't much they can do, when stuff like this is almost in everything. I have to say though that this seems like something planed by MTV in the very begining.

Oh...and Kevin, i'l telling your MOM!!!!! :) ;) :zany:
  8. Fozzie Bear

NYAAAA!! :p *spbt!*
  9. Fozzie Bear

yeah! What was up with that? Rowlf wasn't even IN the commercial!

Dogpiling without Rowlf! INDEED!!

It was good to see all classic characters, though, right?!
  10. dmx10101

dmx10101 Member

It was planned, for sure. He didn't accidently grab her shirt and rip it off. Place it wasn't a malfunction because shirts don't rip off that easy.
  11. guysmiley4ever

guysmiley4ever New Member

Woo Hoo! I finally saw the Muppet Pizza Hut commercial! :)
    It was the one with Kermit, Piggy, Animal, and Jessica Simpson.
    The ad was for the 4 in 1 pizza special.
    Jessical Simpson ordered green peppers on her pizza because they reminded her of Kermit. Then (blah) Kermit starts looking at her all dreamy eyed and Piggy gets mad. Piggy gets her megaphone out and yells, 'step away from the frog'. :mad:
    It was a cute commercial. Cool to see the Muppets, but that dreamy Kermit/Jessica thing was kinda odd. What does Kermit want with her?
    He couldn't carry a conversation with her, he's too smart and classy!

Anyhoo, about that Janet Jackson thing...it may not be a big deal, but at a time when kids are still up, and some said it was dinner-time when they watched the Super Bowl...it's disgraceful. Especially for a so called role model.
    They should rate any live event, like award shows...TVMA. just in case. these shows are not kid/family friendly anymore :eek:
  12. prawncracker

prawncracker New Member

not sure about the pairing

I like my muppets working on their own. To me it is bringing the credibility of the Muppets down to put her in. No offense but I didn't think they needed her or anyone else. Their are enough Muppets with there own tastes that could have fit the format of the comercial. :rolleyes:
  13. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

I've seen it two or three times after the bowl. For some reason, they edited out Gonzo during the argument at the begining and Animals "Bye bye" line after Jessica fall off the couch.

The thing that creeps me out about the Kermit/Jessica moment is that SHE"S MARRIED. You'd think someone would have brought that up durring production.

I won't comment on the Janet thing because 1. I don't care and 2. I changed the channel durring half time and didn't see it anyway.

:boo:
  14. Zack the Dog

I have know idea what that means? :confused: :)
  15. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Well, according to some people (and some pigs :mad: ), the same could be said for Kermit! I seem to remember something about them sharing a love so big, and being pronounced frog and pig...

:)
  16. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

I don't know. Do you?

I am Chris, son of an English proffessor.
  17. Zack the Dog

That's wonderful, but I've been typing like that since like 1993 and you never said anything then...*blinks eye's three times*... :sympathy:
  18. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Boredom, it's the perfest motivation for a smart mouthed attitude.
  19. Zack the Dog

Gee...That doesn't sound like any fun.
  20. uncledeadlysgrl

uncledeadlysgrl New Member

I saw the pizza hut commercial for the first time yesterday. i was gravely disappointed that they chose Jessica Simpson. am i the only one who absolutely cannot stand her? ugh! the muppets are credible on their own - i don't see why they had to include a complete ditz just for celebrity appeal. otherwise the commercial was cute. Especially animal!