Muppets Tonight/Sal Merchandise?

Belladonna

Reaction score
My mother has been looking for a plush Sam (Muppets Tonight) forever. We've been to every Disney store imaginable, and I've forgotten how often I've looked online and come up short.

I was wondering if anyone knows what Muppets Tonight merchandise is available? Where can I find it? Or what kind of plush aka stuffed versions of which muppets there are?

Does anyone know if there is any Sam merchandise? My mom loves that monkey with his soulful eyes.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to Muppet Central. Lemme see what I can answer.

1 As far as Muppets Tonight merchandise... Palisades Toys, now no longer in business, made a stunningly incredible line of Muppets action figures. Originally, it was in honor of the Muppet Show's 25th anniversary, but later branched to Muppets Tonight and the movies. Within the figure line the following were made:
a. Rizzo the Rat, Series 4, combining elements of his appearance/role in MT (Muppets Tonight) and MFS (Muppets From Space).
b. Pepe the King Prawn, Series 5.
c. Clifford, Series 6. There are two versions, the standard release and a paint variant version.
d. Johnny Fiama, Series 7. There were three different paint versions released:
1 The standard "Pinstripes" version,
2 The "Casual" or burgundy jacketed version, and
3 The "Steppin' Out" or silvery sharkskin jacketed version.
Each came with a different record album and framed picture.
e. Dr. Phil Van Neuter, Series 8.

2 Um, if the character you're asking about is Johnny Fiama's monkey bodyguard/confidant, his name is actually Sal Minella. Sam is the blue eagle from both The Muppet Show and all various Muppet movies/specials. As I believe, there is no current merchandise made of him. Palisades had planned to make a figure of him in what was to have been the tenth and final series, but only the prototype was ever finished.

3 Check out some of the threads here or items listed at eBay under "Muppets" in the Toys & Hobbies category. Maybe that'd help in providing a list of Muppet plushes.

Hope this helps and have fun exploring the rest of the forums.

Belladonna

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to Muppet Central. Lemme see what I can answer.

1 As far as Muppets Tonight merchandise... Palisades Toys, now no longer in business, made a stunningly incredible line of Muppets action figures. Originally, it was in honor of the Muppet Show's 25th anniversary, but later branched to Muppets Tonight and the movies. Within the figure line the following were made:
a. Rizzo the Rat, Series 4, combining elements of his appearance/role in MT (Muppets Tonight) and MFS (Muppets From Space).
b. Pepe the King Prawn, Series 5.
c. Clifford, Series 6. There are two versions, the standard release and a paint variant version.
d. Johnny Fiama, Series 7. There were three different paint versions released:
1 The standard "Pinstripes" version,
2 The "Casual" or burgundy jacketed version, and
3 The "Steppin' Out" or silvery sharkskin jacketed version.
Each came with a different record album and framed picture.
e. Dr. Phil Van Neuter, Series 8.

2 Um, if the character you're asking about is Johnny Fiama's monkey bodyguard/confidant, his name is actually Sal Minella. Sam is the blue eagle from both The Muppet Show and all various Muppet movies/specials. As I believe, there is no current merchandise made of him. Palisades had planned to make a figure of him in what was to have been the tenth and final series, but only the prototype was ever finished.

3 Check out some of the threads here or items listed at eBay under "Muppets" in the Toys & Hobbies category. Maybe that'd help in providing a list of Muppet plushes.

Hope this helps and have fun exploring the rest of the forums.
You're right--It's Sal! Gah~ I can't believe I got that confused.

*sigh* So no merchandise of Sal. Sadness. I guess then that my lack of finding anything isn't because of lack of trying. There really isn't anything of Sal. So much sadness.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Fraid not. The only thing I could maybe mention is that one of the three Johnny Fiama paint version action figures has a small cardboard photo in its picture frame (one of the figure's accessories) depicting Johnny and Sal together. Hope this helps somewhat.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Actually Ed, if I may do a little knitpicking here, it's actually Sal Minilla, which distinguishes his name from the disease. No biggy, but it might assist people in looking for him.
:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Rully? Originally I had it as "Sal Manilla". But now Muppet Wiki has him listed as "Sal Minella". So I guess this is another one for debate. Oh well... Thanks Kate, have a great day.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Muppets and their spellings! He he. I remember the Johnny Fiama debate. It's been spelled with both one and two Ms by Henson, but it is officially one. It's still Miss Piggy with two Gs right? :mad:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Sal_Minella_Action_Figure

A picture on the Wiki Page of the Sal figure prototype that couldn't be released due to company closure. :sympathy:
Articulated Robin, Sal, Bobo, and Bean Bunny and my collection would have been complete! The only 4 that I wanted (the variants would have been nice, but I could have been making shows with my figures and...

I don't play with my action figures, I mean. You know...it's...

Okay, I do play with them. :embarrassed:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
There... Doesn't it feel better having admitted that Kev? Woulda loved anything and everything Palisades kept making for the Muppets line. At least we got "a" Robin figure, that's more than some can say.