1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppets' Wizard of Oz cast list

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Sep 29, 2004.

1. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Well this is a very interesting cast of muppets, i always thought that John kennady did Dr. theeth, not Bill Bereta, it really dont mater to me ethier way just so long as the good doc is talking. I hope that Rolf the dog has a bigger speaking part Bill is getting his voice down. I really dont the the Electric Mayhem will ever not have somone leaving them. now floyd i going to be silent uggg i cant take much more of it. Who are some of these new puppeters where did they come from, anyone know.
  2. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

maybe they gave dr. teeth to bill so that john could focus on floyd and that way keep the band together and all talking at once.
  3. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Why are there two Janices and two Scooters? How confusing, and also, another question, when/how did they audition for the new voices?

I would have liked to try my hand at some classic Muppet characters...
  4. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Here are some updates just added to the Oz cast list...

Also, sources have confirmed that there is a "nod" to Frank Oz in the script. Hopefully this little tribute will make it into the final telefilm.
  5. Beauregard

Wizard and his assistant Bunsen and Beaker after fulfilling various character wishes: Don't thank us, thank Oz.

Ok, so, maybe my imagination is runnning a little ahead of itself...
  6. Lisa D

Lisa D New Member

Piggy Purist

This is certainly no reflection on EJ, but I always cringe a little at the thought of Miss Piggy being played by anyone other than Frank Oz. :concern: Nevertheless I am extremely psyched to see she's going to be the witches and couldn't be happier about Foo Foo's return to the screen

Lisa
  7. Beauregard

We wonder why Foo Foo was not used in MTI. Why the anteater? Why not Foo Foo. Thoughts.
  8. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Floyd will not be silent if the band is used. He has been recast. I think the muppet performers have realized is does not work when you leave a character without a voice for years and years. So, they went and recast all of Jerry Nelson's characters because Jerry must retire. He's an old guy and deserves a rest. I do hope he does a voice on the muppet baby CGI show if that ever happens and I hope he still does the annoucer voice while he can.

And Bill got the good Doctor for the same reason Eric now officially has Animal. It's so John can play Floyd. Seems logiical enough. I did think John did a fairly good job with Dr. Teeth on the muppet cruise party game though. Bill isn't the best Rowlf I've ever heard and I'm guessing his Dr. Teeth won't be much better, but at least everyone has a performer. BUT DAVE BETTER NOT GET ANY OLDER!!! We can't afford to lose anyone else.
  9. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Because an anteater is funnier.

I wonder what the nod to Frank Oz will be. Another Yoda thing? Will a character be named Frank Oz? It would be nice is the man that helped start the muppets would actually show up and do something with them. Seriously, this time excuse stinks.
  10. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

I'm really starting to get excited about this film but do all these newer Muppet Movies have to have such long titles "Muppets' Wonderful Wizard Of Oz".

I havn't been this :excited: for a new Muppet production in years, I wasn't that excited for IAVMMCM or MFS or KSY but i'm really excited about this one, probably cause i'm nervous to see what we'll be getting from Disney, which up to now i'm very pleased with.

I was a little surprised when I read that the Tom's and Angel Marie from MTI were part of the cast but if you think about it might these particular Muppets only belong to Disney. I remember seeing some Muppets from MCC in MTI then obviousley since Disney wasn't the ones behind MFS, IAVMMCM, KSY that's why we havn't seen these characters in those movies.

I really hope that cast list is correct, i'm so glad to see Foo-Foo on that list, not because he's one of my favourites but because they've brough such a minor and obscure character back. I'm also glad that each of the EM members have there own performer and really surprised to see that Floyd had been taken over by John Keneddy.

What i'm a little confused about is by the fact that there's two Sal's although you could say that one will control the puppet and the other will do the voice but why would they just call Sal Manila simply Sal if they're spelled one using his ful name and seem to do so for all the other characters too, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a new character to expect apart from the cow and crow.

The best news of all for me has to be that they recast the rats from flying rats to Munchkin Rats, that's going to be a very fun scene although I feel that Rizzo might not get as big a part as he deserves (or do the munchkins appear throughout the movie). I'm glad they kept Flying Monkeys as Flying Monkeys because now hopefully Sal can play a flying Monkey, which I was hoping for at the start when we first learned about this. I'm also glad that Clifford has returned after his apsence from IAVMMCM probably because Kevin Clash was too busy on Sesame Street although I wonder why they havn't used Dr. Phil Van Neuter in either IAVMMCM or this one, maybe Andy Dick threatened to sue them if they did :)

I'm really liking what Disney has been doing latly with the Muppets and with the direction that they're going with this film, I can't wait to see it. :zany:
  11. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

It seems like Dave Goelz and Steve Whitmire are now the senior puppeteers of the Muppets. I can remember when they were under the ranks of Jim, Frank, Jerry, and Richard.
  12. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

I still consider Steve to be the new guy, and now he's the second oldest!

Expect Statler and Waldorf to be a lot funnier now. Dave and Steve ahave fantastic timeing with each other.
  13. WOCKA2416

WOCKA2416 New Member

The puppeteers have all been with the Muppets in some form. Either they worked on Bear or were secondary performers at one time or another.

Also, I don't think we can give Disney credit for these old characters reappearing...The Henson people are running the show here as demonstrated by the people involved with the production.
  14. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

BUt Disney is letting them do it. So, that is a plus. I think Disney runs the show in 5 years though with no Henson input. That's going to hurt.
  15. dwayne1115

Im preety sure Disny is not going to kill the old muppet cariturs we need them they are a part of the family.
  16. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

The old muppet what?
  17. dwayne1115

muppets i was triyng to say a word but just kill the old muppets like crazy harry and Dr. Theeth and such even thought the ones who started thoughs muppets are no longer around they are still inportiant to the muppets.
  18. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

I'd agree except Henson kept them out for a decade. How knows what Disney will do? The band went from having main roles in the first 3 movies to having back ground parts in the last 3. I do hope the band and others come back. And I think crazy harry has seen is last appearance, I doubt we'll see him blow stuff up anytime soon for fear of complaints from parents groups. Because if crazy harry blows somethng up, obviously children will find dynomite and do the same...
  19. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

This is true. :crazy:
  20. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

I was wondering how this movie will be, but it sounds good so far. I wonder how far they're going to use Rowlf and the Electric Mayhem? Maybe the band will have a song which I hope that or enough screen time.

ryan