1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppets' Wizard of Oz cast list

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Malachy

Malachy Member

Thank God...I visit mostly Simpsons forums and they were all dreading this...I was beginning to think I was the only one excited for a new Muppet movie.
  2. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

I knew I was forgetting some. :crazy:
  3. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

KSY- Kermit's Swamp Years.
  4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Well, I kind'a figue that Toto is in pretty much every scene that Dorothy is in, and, as such, Pepe (who generally steal screen time) will steal be the second ain character.

No?
  5. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Maybe he won't be able to say anything but "Woof woof. okay?".
  6. Malachy

Malachy Member

I'm getting pretty excited for this, when does it air?
  7. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

No confermed date, but it is going to be part of The Wonderful World Of Disney (Sunday Nights on ABC) no exact date, but estimated to be on in the Spring (probally May-ish), there will also be a DVD/video release sometime afterwards Plus ABC & The Disney Channel will probally played it a few times afterwards as well
  8. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, reports right now are that it will air on a Saturday night in May.
  9. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

I'm sure it'll be more than a few times, if you've ever seen the Disney Channel. ;)
  10. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

When did the Disney Channel start playing commercials during their shows? Now movies are interrupted by ads for their crappy Lizzie junk of Even Steven crud. It's not like people aren't aware of these shows. The only reason I use to watch Disney was because of the lack of commercials.

Anyhoo, do you think Kermit and Piggy will host the Wonderful World of Dosney that night?
  11. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

It was probably around the late '90s. It was some time ago, and yeah I liked it better without those ads too. :D
  12. Violia

Violia New Member

It happened when Disney when to Basic cable, and thanks for the list of acronyms btw
  13. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Here are some more reported updates to the cast list...

Some of these characters may be in the background but it's possible some won't make it at all. Keep in mind, the script can change by the day at this stage of production so more changes will likely be coming.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2004/092804.shtml
  14. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Active Member

That is too bad that Rowlf is omitted from the script... Darn. Poor Rowlf :sympathy:

But on the bright side, it looks as though Scooter and the Electric Mayhem are still included in the script, so maybe there is hope that they will have significant parts (or at least decent parts)
  15. Beauregard

Phil, what do you mean by 'ommited?' Is that purposfully chosen not to have lines, or just temporeraly forgotten in the writing?

Swedish Chef will get a line before the end of the day so don't give up hope.

I don't much mind about Lew, and Crazy. Bobo would have been good with a line, but never mind.

Yeah, Rowlf is the biggest missing part there. Oh well.
  16. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

How can they not have a part for the Chef? He always has a part. All they need to do is cut to a scene 5 second clip of him in the Emerald city kitchen or something. He's not that hard to fit into a movie. Rowlf should definatly have a part and I'm sick of him not having one. He has a performer, use him! He should be Toto.
  17. Beauregard

Well, yeah, like I said Chef will undoubtedly get a part in it, just cooking probably, like you said Wiggy, there's no way he'll be absent without cause.

It would be nice for him to have a bigger part, but I guess he'll be a background character from now on. Maybe he'll have a bigger part than in MTi though. We can hope
  18. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

Poor Rowlf. :mad:
  19. dlphntat

dlphntat New Member

Ashanti

I don't know. I can see Latifah, but Ashanti> could we pick a bigger flash in the pan?
    Maybe it's just my opinion
    :D
  20. WOCKA2416

WOCKA2416 New Member

It's also the opinion of many other people. Let's just hope for the best.