1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppets' Wizard of Oz cast list

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Sep 29, 2004.

1. floydnjanicefan Active Member

I would rather have Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, Scooter, and Rowlf back rather than Crazy Harry. And I dont think that Disney will ruin these characters. I actually really think that they are going to make a return to prominence, especially after their success in a VMMCM.

I like Crazy Harry, and I think that he is a funny character. However I do not think that he should be brought back,(at least not now) with all of the explosions and bombings that are going on in the world in reality.

Also, here is my idea for the Electric Mayhem, let me know what you think:
    I think it would be so cool if the band were residents of the emerald city (all wearing green shades - that is how the city is green in the book, everyone wears green glasses)) and the band can perform the fast version of the Rainbow Connection that was done at the end of Kermits Swamp years. (I did not really like that movie too much, but I did think that version of the song was pretty good, although not quite as good as Kermit's.) What do you all think of this idea?
  2. ryhoyarbie Active Member

Also, here is my idea for the Electric Mayhem, let me know what you think:
    I think it would be so cool if the band were residents of the emerald city (all wearing green shades - that is how the city is green in the book, everyone wears green glasses)) and the band can perform the fast version of the Rainbow Connection that was done at the end of Kermits Swamp years. (I did not really like that movie too much, but I did think that version of the song was pretty good, although not quite as good as Kermit's.) What do you all think of this idea?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a plan. I just want the Electric Mayhem to sing something, anything! They haven't sang a song in what, 14 years or so?...

ryan
  3. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Not Rainbow Connection, been done way too much now that song. Something else. Maybe a Lecky Mayhem version of Over the Rainbow ;)
  4. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

yea over the rainbow would be awsom. now what they will more then likely do whith carzy harry is like they have been doing just using him in the background, which is fine with me i just like the way he looks.
  5. WiGgY New Member

I don't think they'll be able to do the songs from the movie.
  6. McFraggle Active Member

So what do you all think Rowlf will do?
  7. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Rowlf will do the same as he did in MTI, and MFS. Nada
  8. bobhopesite Active Member

We might see Rowlf in it.
  9. ryhoyarbie Active Member

If the writers keep the characters like they have in the past 10 years, we can bet Rowlf have an appearance or might have only one line or two. The same probably goes for the Electric Mayhem.

ryan
  10. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Well, yes, exactly. That's what I meant. Whereas Pepe will have the most lines of them all. being the silly little side kick. I can't believe he got the second largest role in this movie. I mean, darn.
  11. WiGgY New Member

How is Toto the second largest part in this movie?
  12. Docnzhoss Active Member

Pepe's a good guy, I've got nothing against him. As for some of our favorite characters getting left with small cameo type roles or few lines: oh well. I'm just glad that Disney is getting something started with the Muppets. Let them get their feet wet a little bit with this TV special. Let them realize Rowlf's, the Electric Mayhem's and/or others' potential to pack a punch in a movie. In the meantime, I'm going to treasure every brief second that Rowlf, Dr. Teeth and all the others are on screen.
  13. rexcrk Active Member

I hear that! So what do they have now for teams? Lets see:
    -Gonzo and Rizzo
    -Bunsen and Beaker
    -Statler and Waldorf

anything else?

Anyway, I'm sooo looking forward to this movie. Jeffrey Tambor as the Wizard is going to be awesome :D I hope they do something good with the old classic characters. You know who they really need to bring back? Lips! Lips definitely needs some more screen time, maybe like a trumpet solo or something (can you tell I play trumpet in the marching band? lol) :p
  14. WiGgY New Member

You could count Kermit and Gonzo as a team for Dave and Steve. They were paired quite well in AVMMC.
  15. McFraggle Active Member

I will too. :)
  16. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Why is cliford in this i hate cliford and now sicne Kevin is doing SS he being done by somone eles. Why not do like in every other muppet movie exept MFS. leave him out.
  17. WiGgY New Member

I like Clifford. When he is used right he's good. When he's used the way he was on MT he's bad.
  18. Violia New Member

Could someone please explain what the different acronyms for the different movies are. I figured out Muppet Treasure Island, but the rest I'm lost on. i have a bad memory for exact titles.
  19. GelflingWaldo New Member

Here are the common acronyms I've seen used around here for diffrent Muppet stuff.

TMM - The Muppet Movie
    TGMC or GMC - The Great Muppet Caper
    MTM or TMTM - The Muppets Take Manhattan
    MCC - The Muppet Christmas Carol
    MTI - Muppet Treasure Island
    MFS - Muppets From Space
    VMMCM - Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie
    MWOO - Muppet Wizard of Oz
    MFC - Muppet Family Christmas
    TMS - The Muppet Show
    MT - Muppets Tonight
    MB - Muppet Babies