Muppets' Wizard of Oz cast list

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well this is a very interesting cast of muppets, i always thought that John kennady did Dr. theeth, not Bill Bereta, it really dont mater to me ethier way just so long as the good doc is talking. I hope that Rolf the dog has a bigger speaking part Bill is getting his voice down. I really dont the the Electric Mayhem will ever not have somone leaving them. now floyd i going to be silent uggg i cant take much more of it. Who are some of these new puppeters where did they come from, anyone know.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
Well this is a very interesting cast of muppets, i always thought that John kennady did Dr. theeth, not Bill Bereta, it really dont mater to me ethier way just so long as the good doc is talking. I hope that Rolf the dog has a bigger speaking part Bill is getting his voice down. I really dont the the Electric Mayhem will ever not have somone leaving them. now floyd i going to be silent uggg i cant take much more of it. Who are some of these new puppeters where did they come from, anyone know.
maybe they gave dr. teeth to bill so that john could focus on floyd and that way keep the band together and all talking at once.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Why are there two Janices and two Scooters? How confusing, and also, another question, when/how did they audition for the new voices?

I would have liked to try my hand at some classic Muppet characters...

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are some updates just added to the Oz cast list...

Various Performers - Munchkin Rats, Flying Monkeys, Group of Penguins, Muppet Whatnots and Cool Muppet Patrons
Also, sources have confirmed that there is a "nod" to Frank Oz in the script. Hopefully this little tribute will make it into the final telefilm.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Wizard and his assistant Bunsen and Beaker after fulfilling various character wishes: Don't thank us, thank Oz.

Ok, so, maybe my imagination is runnning a little ahead of itself...

Lisa D

Reaction score
Piggy Purist

This is certainly no reflection on EJ, but I always cringe a little at the thought of Miss Piggy being played by anyone other than Frank Oz. :concern: Nevertheless I am extremely psyched to see she's going to be the witches and couldn't be happier about Foo Foo's return to the screen

Lisa

Beauregard

Reaction score
We wonder why Foo Foo was not used in MTI. Why the anteater? Why not Foo Foo. Thoughts.

WiGgY

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
Floyd will not be silent if the band is used. He has been recast. I think the muppet performers have realized is does not work when you leave a character without a voice for years and years. So, they went and recast all of Jerry Nelson's characters because Jerry must retire. He's an old guy and deserves a rest. I do hope he does a voice on the muppet baby CGI show if that ever happens and I hope he still does the annoucer voice while he can.

And Bill got the good Doctor for the same reason Eric now officially has Animal. It's so John can play Floyd. Seems logiical enough. I did think John did a fairly good job with Dr. Teeth on the muppet cruise party game though. Bill isn't the best Rowlf I've ever heard and I'm guessing his Dr. Teeth won't be much better, but at least everyone has a performer. BUT DAVE BETTER NOT GET ANY OLDER!!! We can't afford to lose anyone else.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
We wonder why Foo Foo was not used in MTI. Why the anteater? Why not Foo Foo. Thoughts.
Because an anteater is funnier.

I wonder what the nod to Frank Oz will be. Another Yoda thing? Will a character be named Frank Oz? It would be nice is the man that helped start the muppets would actually show up and do something with them. Seriously, this time excuse stinks.

King Prawn

Reaction score
I'm really starting to get excited about this film but do all these newer Muppet Movies have to have such long titles "Muppets' Wonderful Wizard Of Oz".

I havn't been this :excited: for a new Muppet production in years, I wasn't that excited for IAVMMCM or MFS or KSY but i'm really excited about this one, probably cause i'm nervous to see what we'll be getting from Disney, which up to now i'm very pleased with.

I was a little surprised when I read that the Tom's and Angel Marie from MTI were part of the cast but if you think about it might these particular Muppets only belong to Disney. I remember seeing some Muppets from MCC in MTI then obviousley since Disney wasn't the ones behind MFS, IAVMMCM, KSY that's why we havn't seen these characters in those movies.

I really hope that cast list is correct, i'm so glad to see Foo-Foo on that list, not because he's one of my favourites but because they've brough such a minor and obscure character back. I'm also glad that each of the EM members have there own performer and really surprised to see that Floyd had been taken over by John Keneddy.

What i'm a little confused about is by the fact that there's two Sal's although you could say that one will control the puppet and the other will do the voice but why would they just call Sal Manila simply Sal if they're spelled one using his ful name and seem to do so for all the other characters too, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a new character to expect apart from the cow and crow.

The best news of all for me has to be that they recast the rats from flying rats to Munchkin Rats, that's going to be a very fun scene although I feel that Rizzo might not get as big a part as he deserves (or do the munchkins appear throughout the movie). I'm glad they kept Flying Monkeys as Flying Monkeys because now hopefully Sal can play a flying Monkey, which I was hoping for at the start when we first learned about this. I'm also glad that Clifford has returned after his apsence from IAVMMCM probably because Kevin Clash was too busy on Sesame Street although I wonder why they havn't used Dr. Phil Van Neuter in either IAVMMCM or this one, maybe Andy Dick threatened to sue them if they did :smile:

I'm really liking what Disney has been doing latly with the Muppets and with the direction that they're going with this film, I can't wait to see it. :zany: