1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppets you wish would come back!

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by CaseytheMuppet, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Nasubionna

Nasubionna Active Member

UGH. Yes, all around. I watched all the "Deep Dish Nine" segments once to give them a chance, but now pretend like they don't exist because it hurts my soul. And after realizing how annoying Andy & Randy are, the only "Bay of Pigswatch" I bothered to youtube was the one with Strangepork in it, and it made me miss him all the more.
    C'mon Steve, Eric and Matt, you can make it happen! I have faith in you!
  2. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I'm probably in an exclusive minority in this regard, but I was super excited to see that Wayne and Wanda got a tiny gag in the new movie. Their shtick in TMS was limited, but it was pretty funny.

I'd also like to see Lips get fully integrated as a member of the Electric Mayhem in the future.
  3. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

H I L D A!!!
  4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I was always a big fan of Mildred Huxater P.D.F., but I don't quite know how she would fit into today's world without seeming like a posh, rich, out of contact old woman. Which she totally was NOT. Librarian and adventurer, she had such a wicked sense of humur. Aww...Now I remember why I used to have a not-so-secret crush!

Edit: Is it true that Clueless Morgan went MISSING!?
  5. Borples

Borples Active Member

Yeah. I've seen Bill B. say so a few times. He even mentioned it in a tweet to me not long ago. I'd written him that my daughter's response to MTI was "I liked the goat," and he wrote back "That's awesome. Yeah I miss that character. He got lost or stolen years ago. Shame."

So, seriously...somewhere in this world is a sad and lonely Clueless Morgan. Maybe he just forgot where he was supposed to be and wandered off. ;) If I had any artistic talent at all, I'd write a comic about the adventures he was having.
  6. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Haha! You should do that. I bet Tim Curry...I mean...Long John Silver took him. Poor Clueless! My friend who knows very little else of the Muppets often quotes his, "What was that song that just happened?" line and his little confused face.
  7. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

It's a shame they won't just rebuild Clueless Morgan.
  8. Borples

Borples Active Member

I suppose they would have to have a really good reason. He seemed like a fairly complicated puppet--probably not cheap.
  9. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Actually, Andy and Randy weren't in Deep Dish Nine or Porksmiths. And I think Dee Dish Nine is WORSE than Bay of Pigswatch.
  10. miss kermie

Well I liked 'em!
    Gosh! You guys are like those old coots from the balcony!
  11. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Well with Muppets Tonight you either loved it hated it I think, lol. I just couldn't get into it and my parents (who didn't mind watching Muppet stuff) quickly changed the channel.
  12. miss kermie

Eh, C'est La Vie.
  13. Borples

Borples Active Member

I liked Muppets Tonight. It was no Muppet Show, but what is? There were plenty of misses among the sketches, but that's true of any show with that sort of format--including TMS.

One thing, though. I've been watching a few eps on YT lately, and I think they were trying too hard to be edgy or something. Like they were trying to prove that the Muppets weren't just for kids, but they forgot how the Muppets achieved that in the first place, and just went for skirting-around-sex jokes and too many "grown up" pop culture references. I like the show, but I don't really let my (small) children watch it. Whereas they can watch as much TMS as their little hearts desire.

But, to keep on topic, I liked most of the MT characters ok. Including Clifford. And Andy and Randy. There! I said it! Don't ban me! ;) I wasn't a big fan of Johnny Fiama and Sal when the show aired, but I think they're funny now. I wish Kevin Clash and Brian Henson could come back and work with the Muppets once in a while, just for grins.
  14. heralde

Pretty much. The Muppet Show was far more grown up than anything on Muppets Tonight. ;)

I just can't like Johnny Fiama. I've had enough of our unimaginative double standard pop culture that stereotypes some groups and not others. You'd think it was still 1900 and people were still getting off the boat!
  15. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

Johnny and Sal popped into my mind when I read the topic title. They had a non-speaking part in Bohemian Rhapsody but I haven't really seen them in anything else since. They're great characters and I was disappointed that they weren't even in the new movie at all, even in the background (as far as I know).

Also, Clifford needs to come back!

But I guess for Sal and Clifford to come back they'd need Brian Henson and Kevin Clash to dedicate more time to Muppeteering... or recast the characters.
  16. heralde

I agree about Clifford, he's awesome and that would be such a great flashback if he was in the next film. But if I never saw Johnny again that would be too soon, heh.
  17. Rocco

Rocco Member

Johnny and Sal, Spamela Hamdersen, and of course, Seymour!
  18. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Well-Known Member

My dear, sweet Johnny and Sal. And Clifford, too. Oh well, I always have my fanfiction!
    rexcrk likes this.
  19. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

I love our similar taste! lol
  20. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

HOW HAS NO ONE SAID HILDA
    los and charlietheowl like this.