Muppophobia?

Mr Devco

Reaction score
and boober "Frogs are noted germ carriers" I'm glad it on youtube uncut

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
The Dark Crystal scared the c# out of me when I was little. Especially the part where they take the Living Essence (that looks like italian dressing lol) My dad to this day will come up behind us kids and go “mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm” like the Chamberlin does. :scary:

or the part where they stab Kera, bit intense, or when they burn down Algra's home. Or where they take the pod people...

I was a bit scared by this movie can you tell? Lol but I love it now

Mr Devco

Reaction score
The Dark Crystal scared the c# out of me when I was little. Especially the part where they take the Living Essence (that looks like italian dressing lol) My dad to this day will come up behind us kids and go “mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm” like the Chamberlin does. :scary:

or the part where they stab Kera, bit intense, or when they burn down Algra's home. Or where they take the pod people...

I was a bit scared by this movie can you tell? Lol but I love it now
The part that scared me the most is when you first meet frizzig. This should be discussed in a different thread though

Mr Devco

Reaction score
Any phobia againts a different type of person is sad.:sympathy:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I actually know someone I go to school with who's afraid of puppets! You see, to bring back this story from another thread, I brought one of my puppets in for the last night of rehersal of our spring musical at school and when she saw the puppet she completely freaked out. Enough for me to able to chase her across the stage while my puppet was yelling her name! Actually, as mean as I was to her, it's actually quite amusing to tease her with puppets since she's such a drama queen. :insatiable: I remember the last time she saw the puppet up close, we were in a make-up room in the stage area and she refused to look at the puppet by covering her face from where she could see the puppet. I got back at her by telling her "It's not like you've never watched Sesame Street before!" to which she couldn't think of a good response... :big_grin: Later on, she denied being afraid of puppets, saying that she thought my puppet had a "scary face". I'm not sure if she is over her fear or not (doubt it) but it's still fun to make fun of her about it!

peyjenk

Reaction score
Yeah, marionettes can be pretty spooky.

You know the scariest puppet I ever saw? Lady Elaine from Mister Roger's Neighborhood. She was creeeeeeeepy!

ISNorden

Reaction score
Yeah, marionettes can be pretty spooky.

You know the scariest puppet I ever saw? Lady Elaine from Mister Roger's Neighborhood. She was creeeeeeeepy!
Strangely enough, Lady Elaine never scared me as a girl--but her domineering, know-it-all personality AND her haglike face bother me now as an adult. What possessed Fred Rogers to include a character like that on his show?

ISNorden

Reaction score
I was mortified of the Count. It may have had something to do with the atmosphere around him early on or the fact that we had bats in our house when I was little. The way that he looked was very frightening to me. I am still a little uneasy when I see those early sketches. I mean you would think that all those teachers and child psychiatrists at the children's television workshop would maybe possibly see that a character that is based on a vampire on a show that's meant for preschoolers was maybe not such a good idea. I understand the word play involved with his name but I'm very surprised that they went along with the idea. I will never be the same again.
I thought the Count was cool when I was a girl; then again, not too many girls grow up liking monsters, spooks, and witches. :batty: If any Muppets scared me, I'd say Frazzle and the Season 1 Oscar did--go figure!

peyjenk

Reaction score
I like Lady Elaine now, and was never really scared by her, but the puppet design is just really witchy, haggish spooky. Now especially, I love her sass and personality.