Muppophobia?

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I was afraid of the puppets from Dinosaurs when I was little. But that seemed pretty common...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I also was terrified of the villians in Musicians of Bremen, lol.

And those Snowth things scared me for years, lol.

hoopless

Reaction score
I was just looking through this thread thinking "how can anyone be acred of muppets? they're so lovable" but then i suddenly remembered that Bert used to scare the **** out of me with his big thick monobrow and "scary" voice, but i really like ernie so i was torn over watching any parts with him because one comes with the other.

fortuantely i'm long over that now :big_grin:

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
... This'll sound weird...But I was afraid of Floyd for a while... I thought someone stole his eyeballs....:embarrassed:

Kiki

Reaction score
I used to be terrified of Junior Gorg when I was little, he used to me in my nightmares. :embarrassed: I also recall being afraid of Sweetums, too.
I can't believe I'm saying this but when I was little I was afraid of some puppets. Some of them just terrified me! :embarrassed: Keep in mind, this is when I was very little.
Oh- and an old friend of mine (lost contact with her..) used to be afraid of FR. I remember I bought a video to her house when we were about seven or eight and she told me to turn it off when we wern't even halfway through, I think it really frightened her.

Hmm, I might've been a little afraid of Bert, too. Don't ask why! I find Bert hilerious nowadays, I just remember him appearing in my nightmare's sometimes. Hmm... wasn't the voice (his voice reminds me of my uncle's XD)... don't know what it was..

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I used to be terrified of Junior Gorg when I was little, he used to me in my nightmares. :embarrassed: I also recall being afraid of Sweetums, too.
I can't believe I'm saying this but when I was little I was afraid of some puppets. Some of them just terrified me! :embarrassed: Keep in mind, this is when I was very little.
Oh- and an old friend of mine (lost contact with her..) used to be afraid of FR. I remember I bought a video to her house when we were about seven or eight and she told me to turn it off when we wern't even halfway through, I think it really frightened her.

Hmm, I might've been a little afraid of Bert, too. Don't ask why! I find Bert hilerious nowadays, I just remember him appearing in my nightmare's sometimes. Hmm... wasn't the voice (his voice reminds me of my uncle's XD)... don't know what it was..
I so used to be afraid of Bert too. I remember being sort of scared of him when I was about 4 years old. In fact, I can remember heaps of SST from when I was around 4. It was on all the time, and we had this tiny TV that was on top of a filing cabinet. From such a small screen I remember Heaps.

It reminds me of the guy that went on Deal or No Deal who was scared of Big Bird and got a surprise visit!

Nick22

Reaction score
i love sweetums and the gorgs and big bird all of those huge muppets, but if i saw them in real life and stood right next top them, i'd be scared to death. for some reason i have a fear of all things that tower over me. idk why it is though. it might just be because i am rully tall and i am so used to looking down at a lot of people. idk. and i hate being up in high buildings

JJandJanice

Reaction score
The only time I found myself a little afraid of Bert was the very first time I read that goofy website "Bert is Evil," I don't know why but some of the crap on that website got to me a little, lol. At the time I was fairly young. I was scared for a long time, but for a short moment I found it kind of freaky.

Oh and a little off topic here Kiki, but I like your avatar, Betty Boop is a classic cartoon legend

It reminds me of the guy that went on Deal or No Deal who was scared of Big Bird and got a surprise visit!
Well there is a video to look for on youtube, :smile::wink:

Katzi428

Reaction score
I think the only time I was scared of a Muppet was when The Count was staying over Ernie & Bert's house one night & kept Ernie up by counting sheep. Then the next day The Count looked fine but Ernie looked like a zombie & his eyes were baggy!

Kiki

Reaction score
I so used to be afraid of Bert too. I remember being sort of scared of him when I was about 4 years old. In fact, I can remember heaps of SST from when I was around 4. It was on all the time, and we had this tiny TV that was on top of a filing cabinet. From such a small screen I remember Heaps.

Lol, oh yeah! Aww, how could someone be afraid of Big Bird? I used to love 'em, and I still do. ^^ Bert was actually quite terrifing though... he used to appear in my nightmares, even. I also recall being afraid of the humans from The Muppet Musicians of Bremen. They still look a little scary, actually. O_O

The only time I found myself a little afraid of Bert was the very first time I read that goofy website "Bert is Evil," I don't know why but some of the crap on that website got to me a little, lol. At the time I was fairly young. I was scared for a long time, but for a short moment I found it kind of freaky.

Oh and a little off topic here Kiki, but I like your avatar, Betty Boop is a classic cartoon legend
Aww, thanks. :smile: I love Betty Boop, esp. the Betty In Blunderland cartoon (which is my current avvy).

Oh yeah, that "Bert is Evil" site was really unusual! It was humerous, but sometimes it was just plain weird! :eek: