1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

MWoO Appreciation

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by DanDanStrawberry, May 2, 2005.

1. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Count down the minutes ladies and gentlemen!

2. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Well-Known Member

Man, you guys are going bonkers here!!!!!

I wonder if all the Electric Mayhem members have speaking parts in this movie?......

ryan

3. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

It's 10:43 am now...So, 8 hours and 15 minutes!!!! OH MY GOSH! I can't stand the wait...and what's worse, I don't get that channel and I might not be able to get to see it tonight after all! :( But, I'm gonna try!

4. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Ok guys its 1:45 here so 5 hours 15 min left til MWoO!!! It's gonna be awesome!:D :sing: :cool:

5. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

2:14 pm!!!! 5 h 45 m til (I think, I am horrible at math!)

6. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

I have 4:24pm here.

7. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

three hours and three minutes
    " " " " two minutes
    two hours and 57 minutes
    It all depends what clock I look at!!!!!!!

IT'S SO CLOSE TO MWoO I COULD EXPLODE!!!!!! :crazy:

8. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

*ka-blam*

Ooops. Clean up on isle four. Clean up on isle four.

9. That Announcer

That Announcer New Member

Where I live it's 8:37 PM and it starts at 9 PM (I'm 1 hour ahead of EST) so I have a mere 23 minutes left.

10. DanDanStrawberry

DanDanStrawberry Active Member

OK; so the movie has aired. And...people didnt seem to like it. *cough*
    But, I'm just wondering; who did like it, what was the best part, did Piggy as all 4 witches work, how amazing were the Electric Mayhem, what was the guy doing Scooter like, how were Statler and Waldorf incorporated...and such like

11. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

I LIKED IT! In fact, as soon as it ended, you know what I thought? "Let's watch it again! Oh wait, it's on tv... shoot. Well, um... next movie!" And then I watched MTM, and then about half of GMC, and then I went to sleep.
    But anyway, my opinion, to answer your questions:
    I think Miss Piggy was ok as all the witches. I sort of over-analyzed her hair, though...
    Electric Mayhem was cool. They didn't talk as much as they could have, but Dr. Teeth and Animal both had a line or two. Didn't really get to hear that part, though... I think the phone rang... that was annoying. The phone, I mean..
    General consensus (I spelled that way wrong, didn't I?) seems to be that Scooter was exceptionally good, and, in turn, the guy doing Scooter was equally good.
    And as for Statler and Waldorf. One of the obstacles that dorothy, scarecrow, tinthing, toto, and lion had to overcome was that they had to walk across a single log over a... um... a big open area that youdon't want to fall in. There's a word for it, I'm sure, but... yeah. And while they were crossing, trying to keep their balance, S&W (dressed as goats, I guess?) were heckling them. So like, they had to ignore S&W and keep their balance, and all that. Lion, being Fozzie, had quite a bit of difficulty, and tinthing, Gonzo, had to come help him cross. It was really a very touching moment.
    Ok now I REALLY have to get back to studying... darned finals, those obnoxious, annoying, despicable finals... that totally save my english grade last year. <shrugs> oh well.

12. DanDanStrawberry

DanDanStrawberry Active Member

Thankyou very much, Lisa. Much appreciated!!

13. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Yeah. I've noticed at the other thread under 'Muppet Headlines' a lot of people didn't like the movie. Which is okay. People are entitled to their opinions, but I'm a bit surprised at that. I thought it was really good. I guess Muppet movies just haven't been quite the same since Henson's death. Anyway, in answer to your questions. I guess the best part was the Frank Oz reference. Also, about Piggy being all four witches. That was great. I liked her appearance as the Wicked Witch of the East (or was it West, the dark haired witch with the eyeball). I guess that's the first we saw her play someone really evil. I mean, we know Miss Piggy has a dark side, but she never actually was a villian before. That was interesting that she commented on that during the break when the Muppets were talking with Michael Eisner. Scooter was really good as well. (I'm assuming it's still Brian Henson) It was great to see the Electric Mayhem. It's too bad Dr. Teeth and Animal were the only ones that spoke. Too bad Floyd and Janice didn't have any lines or even Zoot. Statler and Waldorf's role was good, but maybe they should have got them in the movie other than just playing the gnomes. Maybe they could have been shown watching the movie and making some comments or something like that. Just a few thoughts.