My first build - kermit

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Cheers guys.. Both arms are now completed.. First one has been sewn into place!! This is so fiddly with fixed arm rods!! Will upload new pics when the second one is in place :smile:
Great! I'm so pumped. :fanatic:

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Ok arms are on.. Check out the flickr link above :smile:

Still need to pick the seams..

I need your help tho.. Opinions on his eyes..
To small?
They are 30mm at the moment.. Im tempted to change them to larger pingpong balls.. Whatcha think??

Muppetlab

Reaction score
One thing ive noticed aswell.. Its amazing the difference in his colour depending on the type of light conditions!!

downunderbatman

Reaction score
Looking fantastic. Kermit was my first build too and I think yours is far superior to my first version. I think the body is perfect.

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
I'm still blown away by how good Kermit looks for this being your first puppet. That's one fine looking frog you've made! His arms turned out great. As for the eyes, my gut instinct is to say they should be larger....but the eyes really don't look too small in your pictures so I don't really know.

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Couple of new photos added playing with his arms..
Yea ive definatly decided to redo the eyes :smile:

Muppetlab

Reaction score
I used 3 lengths of florists wire. Bent 2 of them in half which rreated the four fingers then the third for the thumb. Glued inside a length of thin craft foam that was folded in half.

Then glued the fleece around that and trimmed the fingers down.. Quite straight forward really and has the desired effect with nice poseable fingers. There is a photo in the set of the skeleton.