My first build - kermit

downunderbatman

Reaction score
He turned out great you must be thrilled. Hope my next Kermit attempt is half as good. Greg

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Thanks Greg..
Your one is pretty awesome aswell :smile:

There are a few changes im gonna make for my next one, would be cool to bounce ideas off eachother

downunderbatman

Reaction score
Hey Muppetlab, sounds like a good plan. I'm hoping my next (final) version will be made from Antron fleece. I'm waiting for my supplier to get some more white fleece in stock then I'll start experimenting with the colors. I was quite happy with my last attempt, and in pics quite closely resembles the older henson looking puppet which is what I was aiming for, but there are definite tweaks I want to make to get him more accurate in the face, eyes, and mouth expressions. I haven't yet found the right mouthplate combination for kermit, they are either too flexible and don't hold the shape properly, or not flexible enough so you can't do his funny expressions.

would love to hear more about how you put the head together and how flexible your kermit is for expressions.

Greg

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Sweet news about the antron!.. What colour dye mix are you going for?

I experimented with several materials for the mouthplate and eventually used two sheets of thin craft foam glued together. It is strong enough to hold its shape and flexible enough to manipulate the mouth into a number of expressions. However it is still quite still and not as glexible as id have hoped once it is al put together!

I have since found a nice ascetate plastic (used by locksmiths to slip locks) that is very strong and very flexible... This is what i will use for my next build.

Im only redoing the head and collar on my next frog as im happy with the rest..

I might even do a video showing the construction..

Hope that helps:smile:

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Just checked.. The new mouthplate material is called "super mica" and comes in a6 sized sheets :smile:

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Ok so there seems to be an abundance of kermit threads at the moment so i thought id just update this thread rather than start a new one.
Yes.. Im working on version 3! Mainly to inprove my skills..

Its getting there :smile: