My stress-control course

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I'm getting good counsel with the stress support program run by the Salvation Army.
I get homework to fill out and the Major discusses my answers with me and prays with me. I feel it's what God has in mind to strengthen me.

I've done the first session on Self-awareness, designed to help me recognize the importance of my personal self-worth and now I'm ready to start session two about how to keep my anger under control.

I shall keep you all posted in this thread.:smile:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yes, good luck indeed! I'm glad that this course includes a section on self-awareness. It's important to understand that while you do need to be there for and take care of others, such as your friends, mom and the rest of your family, you need to take care of yourself as well. Please keep us updated; it sounds interesting!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Good luck with everything Marty. As always you're in my thoughts and prayers.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I've done my homework for the Anger session and I'm ready for my appointment with the Major tomorrow. It's all very interesting and very encouraging. :smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I'm glad to say the session's are going great and I'm doing my homework for the third session on dealing with depression.
The Major is very supportive and he prays for my family with me.
I've openly admitted to my Nan that I realize I was so angry with her going crook on me for being out all day that time that my mind was clouded to her sincere caring. She and I made our peace and it's sorting my stress out :smile:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
That's so cool, Marty! I was born and raised in the Salvation Army and I work for them now too, so I know the quality of that program. I hope you continue to develop in it and best wishes!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I'm glad it's continuing to work out for you, and you're putting your training to use by beginning to make peace with your family. Hope it continues to go well, and I'm glad y'reyou're happy with your major. That's important if you want to make progress!e

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Don't give up Marty, just hang in there mate!