My stress-control course

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Well session 4 had to be postponed. It's scheduled for Wednesday 20th of September but I'm going well. I've started some regular bible reading again.

I explained to the major that I'd been letting it slip but I knew I should start again and he gave me Psalm 139 to read as part of my homework. I had to note anything in it I found encouraging in that psalm since the gist of it is that I am a special person in the sight of God who created me. :smile:

I did that and I've also started doing study of the New Testament one chapter a day going from Matthew to Revelation in traditional Bible order.
I must say wholeheartedly that regular scripture meditations make an enormous difference to the way my problems appear to me:big_grin: I know I have the full support of my God

Skye

Reaction score
That's great, Marty! Good luck with session 4 next week... I'm glad that you're doing so well with this! :smile:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Indeed, good luck! Sorry I didn't see this before; thanks for alerting me to it! Glad you're feeling inspired; it sounds like very good material he's suggesting for you to work from!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Session 4 is now to be tomorrow Friday 22nd Sept. since Major Colin has been getting over a croaky throat. But I'm ready for it. :smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
It went great. I'm developing a much more positive attitude. The Major has suggested to me that I may like to come to the center one day a week and do a bit of voluntary work tidying up the offices to give me something to do that makes me feel good. I'm considering it.

Also I have my homework ready to start the next session:Coping with loneliness.